• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Fixed "Messages have been posted..." incorrectly loaded

Onimua

From what I've tested, it looks like the "Messages have been posted since you loaded this page" message displays any time you are not on the last page of a thread regardless if there's actual new posts. Shouldn't this check to see if there are actual unread posts in the thread before loading? It's confusing otherwise.

Onimua

I just tested and didn't see that behavior at all.
I think it may be related to drafts being saved. Load a page that isn't the last one, type in the box, and then way a few minutes and it should pop up. It's not instant or relatively fast.

Andrej

I believe this should be changed. Sometimes it also loads some of the posts before the newly posted post from the last page, making it look like a mess. (hard to reproduce but I report back if so)

Despair

Sometimes it also loads some of the posts before the newly posted post from the last page, making it look like a mess. (hard to reproduce but I report back if so)
Pretty sure it just checks against the last_date hidden input, which is the timestamp of the last post on the current page. So if your on page 3 of 8 (even if you've actually read all the posts), any posts from page 4 and beyond would count as new. Already noticed this on the first day, but later didn't mind it as much as I thought it's a nice reminder for those people who don't bother reading the rest of the messages before posting. :sneaky: