Merging XF Databases

PR0TENTIAL

Hello all,

I work at a site that's been around for about a year and we have a solid fanbase. We just created a sister site a few months back which already has a good amount of posts on it but we want to merge the users from the original site to our sister site. The original site has 13K+ registers and our sister site is at 600, if you need a ballpark figure.

Can anybody help explain how this can be done?

I guess the best way is to import your smaller forum From XF to VB to XF.

That is because none exist, I was trying to acomplish this for months before vB got a free xenforo importer, so I just did that. XF to VB to XF. Worked amazingly well however I would have enjoyed to have been able to skip the vB part of the process.
And is difficult if you dont have a vB license..

That is because none exist, I was trying to acomplish this for months before vB got a free xenforo importer, so I just did that. XF to VB to XF. Worked amazingly well however I would have enjoyed to have been able to skip the vB part of the process.

So you imported your larger community to vBulletin and then imported it from vBulletin into XF?

vBulletin has a XF importer?

I dont see one anywhere.
I know I read about one that was working but I can't find it here or on google now :(
I'll update this thread if I find the one I read about before.
I see naatan may be working on one, he's a quality coder so if he made one, I'm sure it would be great.

Top Bottom