Mercenary Design New Website

I was expecting also to see forums using same theme carried across from front-end, something unique. But instead see it's using one of those all too "popular" stock themes with a few minor changes to make it look different. If your going to run a site of that type offering design stuff, really it needs to be using matching front-end and forum board style to "show off" what you can do right away to visitors coming, and most certainly not using a popular stock theme like that on the forum it does now, it just says amateur to me. Sorry, just being blunt about it.
The theme is more than a little customized and it will have more later. Also as explained here, this isn't a community site and we aren't showcasing anything from the forums. It is a store front which is focused on selling the add-ons. Look at this website, do you see any community/support forum stuff on the home page? Look at any website selling stuff, communities/support forums are for existing customers, not new ones.

People who run communities and forum websites seem to be stuck in the idea that the forums must look the same as the rest of the site. This is simply not true and clutters your home page reducing sign ups.
The main page is for customers. The forums are for community support and extra info for those interested (which will eventually be in other places too). The only reason I can think anyone would have an issue with how it is is because the customer section isn't done and instead payments go through the user upgrades system.

Why don't I see these same opinions about this very site you are on?

Actually, I've just realized your not selling "Styles" at all, but mods. The name of the site threw me because it's titled with the word "Design" in it. I would think about altering that one!

Why don't I see these same opinions about this very site you are on?

You asked for comments about it, I gave you mine. If you don't like it, don't ask. Overall, I still think you should try and carry the same style across from front-end to forums, that's my view. To be honest Rob, usually I don't even rate forums anymore I keep seeing using those popular stock themes - it's got too common a sight seeing them now and offers nothing original.

Otherwise I'm left saying, yeah look great like 500 other forums using exact same theme. :D

Actually, I've just realized your not selling "Styles" at all, but mods. The name of the site threw me because it's titled with the word "Design" in it.

You asked for comments about it, I gave you mine. If you don't like it, don't ask. Overall, I still think you should try and carry the same style across from front-end to forums, that's my view.
Yes, Mercenary Development sounds like I train mercenaries :p

Yes and the style does carry over. The forum features are different. It simply isn't that different, just shows different content like any website. The header might have the blue removed and be darker and the way some of the HTML is done for the forum style is far from optimal so it might look a little different as well. The simple fact is that there are 2 different goals for 2 different areas which require different content.

I'll see if I can put the main areas header on the forums and remove the logo from the forums plus the search somewhere else. Would that help?

I don't criticize to put a persons site down, I do it being honest so they can take things on-board and make their own mind up what to think. My first comment was aimed at the fact, I thought you was selling themes or offering custom design theme work because of the title used saying "Design" in it. Seeing as your selling mods it's not really as important like I first expressed it was, you've nothing to prove because your not selling designs (skins).

Top Bottom