XF 2.1 Members cannot post in threads

Radiola

I may not explain this well but here goes.

We moved host last week to a new host server. It turns out the DNS name server change did not take. That was fixed but we had posts from only the date of the move, April 16. The forum has been re-imported to the new host and everything posted in the last week is there. All posts and changes are current.

However, now no one (even admins) can post within a thread or start a new thread.

Is there a debug feature that may have gotten turned on or off some time during the move? Is there a "post" button which has been turned off somewhere? :unsure:

You haven't clarified what errors or messages are displayed when attempting to post, but if no changes were made to the XF settings or permissions then something went wrong with the server move or database dump and restore.

You may want to do it again.

There's no error message. I just type in text, post reply, I see the little lines across the top right corner and nothing's posted.

But the dump and restore is a thought.

There were no new error messages. The last was April 9, too many connections.

Server size is no problem. We don't use cPanel now and the new server sees no problems at all.

There no new ones at the time. Now we have several pages of:

• XF\Db\Exception: MySQL statement prepare error [1146]: Table 'antifraud6_xf.xf_thread' doesn't exist
  • src/XF/Db/AbstractStatement.php:228
  • Generated by: Unknown account
  • Apr 24, 2020 at 1:12 PM
Stack trace
SELECT xf_thread., xf_user_User_1., xf_forum_Forum_2., xf_node_Node_3., xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_4.*
FROM xf_thread
LEFT JOIN xf_user AS xf_user_User_1 ON (xf_user_User_1.user_id = xf_thread.user_id)
LEFT JOIN xf_forum AS xf_forum_Forum_2 ON (xf_forum_Forum_2.node_id = xf_thread.node_id)
LEFT JOIN xf_node AS xf_node_Node_3 ON (xf_node_Node_3.node_id = xf_forum_Forum_2.node_id)
LEFT JOIN xf_permission_cache_content AS xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_4 ON (xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_4.content_type = 'node' AND xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_4.content_id = xf_node_Node_3.node_id AND xf_permission_cache_content_Permissions_4.permission_combination_id = '1')
WHERE (xf_thread.thread_id = '618')

LIMIT 1
------------

#0 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(196): XF\Db\AbstractStatement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1146, '42S02')
#1 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(39): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->getException('MySQL statement...', 1146, '42S02')
#2 src/XF/Db/Mysqli/Statement.php(54): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->prepare()
#3 src/XF/Db/AbstractAdapter.php(94): XF\Db\Mysqli\Statement->execute()
#4 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Finder.php(1261): XF\Db\AbstractAdapter->query('
SELECT `xf_...')
#5 src/XF/Mvc/Entity/Manager.php(149): XF\Mvc\Entity\Finder->fetchOne()
#6 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(1375): XF\Mvc\Entity\Manager->find('XF:Thread', '618', Array)
#7 src/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(12): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->assertViewableThread('618', Array)
#8 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(261): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#12 src/XF/App.php(2184): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#13 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#14 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#15 {main}
Request state
array(4) {
["url"] => string(64) "/threads/mr-emma-eze-federal-ministry-of-petroleum-resources.618"
["referrer"] => bool(false)
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

I think that the path to the DB has been changed. The site looks like it's a copy of the site at the time of the transfer but has no dynamic function. But TY Brogan, that give me a starting point. (I just woke up so my brain is not fully operational as yet,

File health check: All 4,517 checked files are present and correct.

Also get this message in email:
/etc/cron.daily/logrotate:

error: stat of /var/log/exim/processlog failed: No such file or directory

And this is new:
Time: Fri Apr 24 08:41:33 2020 -0400
Error: Failed to detect code [ryo41dpPXdaKkshCXY] in SYSLOG_LOG [/var/log/messages]

SYSLOG may not be running correctly on host.antifraudintl.org

This is a mess.

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.
---

We're also seeing this in the system logs now:

---
==> /var/log/httpd/domains/antifraudintl.org.error.log <==
[Sat Apr 25 23:10:38.595632 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 30320] [client 67.222.0.35:54020] AH01067: Failed to read FastCGI header, referer: https://antifraudintl.org/forums/anything-goes.49/post-thread
[Sat Apr 25 23:10:38.595674 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 30320] (104)Connection reset by peer: [client 67.222.0.35:54020] AH01075: Error dispatching request to : , referer: https://antifraudintl.org/forums/anything-goes.49/post-thread

==> /var/log/mysqld.log <==
2020-04-26T03:10:38.595634Z 568 [Note] Aborted connection 568 to db: 'antifraud6_xf' user: 'antifraud6_miyu' host: 'localhost' (Got an error reading communication packets)
---

It seems that something in the site is causing PHP to crash before it can finish the post.

Oh, here's a new thing that popped up this morning. I sure didn't alter anything.

Check completed on 4,517 files. The files listed below have contents different from those originally downloaded.

If you have edited these files yourself, you may ignore this message, otherwise you should investigate further as this may be evidence of corrupted or altered files.

XenForo
src/XF.php Unexpected contents

Top Bottom