XF 2.1 Can I limit the size of pics that members post in their threads

DigNap15

Can I limit the size of pics that members post in their threads, some of the pics are huge and really make the page hard to read, as well as using up my bandwidth.
Is there a setting where I that I can limit this?

for attachments. you can decide on file size and dimensions. upload file has to be smaller than the file size and it would be resized to your configured dimensions. (Setup > Options > Attachments)

for hotlinked images, you can use css code in extra.less to make them appear smaller.

Last edited:
for attachments. you can decide on file size and dimensions. upload file has to be smaller than the file size and it would be resized to your configured dimensions. (Setup > Options > Attachments)

That has always confused me, does it mean if you set the max width to say 600 pixels and someone uploads an image that is 1200pixls wide, it would be resized to 600 or would it be refused?

Uploaded files are first resized based on the maximum physical dimensions (pixels) set in the ACP -> Options -> Attachments: Maximum Attachment Image Dimensions. If the resized image is below the maximum file size (KB) limit, then it will be allowed.
cool. I didn't know this.

With every software feature or change their are always fishhooks
eg
1 what about if you set the size to be say 600x800 and someone posts a landscape pic of 800x600
2 What happens in my case if I make the new settings smaller than some of the images that are already on my forum. Do they stay the same size or are they resized? or deleted?

Top Bottom