XF 2 Can I pay someone to give me the code, or create an addon, that will limit the length of URLs?

Are you wanting to use the addon if it contains both the URL shortening and title lengthening? You can use the code I shared to lengthen titles but you'll have to redo it every time Xenforo updates, so an addon that contains both options seems more convenient.

I'm also thinking that the most convenient thing would be for the dev to post the addon on the Resources page (free/paid?) so that if it needs to be updated in the future to stay functional with future Xenforo updates it would make it easy to get them there.
Well,... when ya put it like that.

Yeah,...😂i definitely can't deny that the logic is pretty dang tight aye.

🤭Thing is i am undoubtedly the smartest person ever,... because i'm still struggling with the basics,...like whatever tf that html magic is...🤣 seriously, gott dang that jazz is wild!

Ya'll computer sorcerers and sorcereresses are able to do some mad sheet that seems impossible to a high yield twerplet such as yours truly.😄 and NO! i'm certainly not gonna show ya'll an example of my severe computardation in practice.

That would be far too embarrassing!
IMG_20230713_002034.jpg
Mr Robot would be so proud, i just know it.
IMG_20230713_002150.jpg
🤔 What were we talking about?...oh, the thing, ahhh,... add-on dealie wasn't it?

Would i buy it? 😎 Yeah hard, i'd buy it for sure man. Totally sold me on the concept.
IMG_20230713_005401.png
😂

If you want I have done something similar that I could quite easily adapt (I think) into an add-on with option for maximum length of the slug in the URL path :)
It might be too late for us to switch to a new developer, since we're already fairly committed to one. But @forumSolution doesn't want to publish it on the Resources, so if you alter yours and publish it there, that could still be useful.

EDIT: Link to your addon https://xenforo.com/community/threads/thread-titles-manager.207155

It might be too late for us to switch to a new developer, since we're already fairly committed to one. But @forumSolution doesn't want to publish it on the Resources, so if you alter yours and publish it there, that could still be useful.

EDIT: Link to your addon https://xenforo.com/community/threads/thread-titles-manager.207155
Oh yeah I didn't realize that it could also fit under the Thread Title Manager add-on :D Was thinking this could be a simple separate add-on that has that option to cut off the slug at the desired point :D

Top Bottom