Member Colours when inheriting

Drae

I've got various usergroups that I was trying to umbrella under the Registered usergroup to inherit their values/permissions from them. However, each needs a custom colour which is being cancelled out by the Registered settings. Is there a way to give them their user colour whilst still giving all the various member groups their permissions via the Registered group?

You need to edit the group and give the higher tiers a higher number in the styling priority field, e.g. registered has 1, then the next tier has 2 etc etc etc.

But that won't work.

I have:

Registered

Then I have all these user groups that I want to have inherit permissions from Registered, but with each having their own colour:
Assassins
Magic-users
Knights
Pirates
Amigari
etc (11 in total).

Rather than me editing each one individually every time I add a new mod or need to change viewing permissions for a section of the site etc.

What exactly do you want to achieve? The only way I can foresee it not working is that if you want members to be member of multiple gorups at the same time. All you need to do is to have styling priority higher than registered members, and it will work.

Usergroup CSS doesn't inherit. Only one of a user's groups will have its CSS active, and that is the group with the highest display styling priority.
Is there no way to do it then? I was really hoping I wouldn't have to do permissions for the different member groups individually (they're champing at the bit to come onto the new board) as there's a lot of forums :/

If I understand you correct, you are using default registered member groups and then higher tier groups from that?

If you set the styling order from registered members to 1 and the rest higher than 1, the group with the highest styling order will be the used one. It might conflict if a member has multiple secondary groups.

I've got various usergroups that I was trying to umbrella under the Registered usergroup to inherit their values/permissions from them. However, each needs a custom colour which is being cancelled out by the Registered settings. Is there a way to give them their user colour whilst still giving all the various member groups their permissions via the Registered group?

Again, this reads to me like you simply need to adjust your display priorities for the groups so Registered has a lower priority than the other groups:

Admin CP -> Users -> List User Groups -> [click a group] -> Display Styling Priority

It was simply to save time - rather than editing the user permissions for each of theses groups for every forum, I would only need to edit one (Registered) and the others would inherit the rest.

It was simply to save time - rather than editing the user permissions for each of theses groups for every forum, I would only need to edit one (Registered) and the others would inherit the rest.

Ok so we are talking about permissions and not CSS.

Just set the permissions to Not Set. That means those secondary groups will have no effect on overall permissions of the user.

Top Bottom