XF 2.0 Node Permissions not Inheriting from User Group Permissions

I have all users set to Registered Users in Primary group. Then secondary user group (Premium) should allow access to premium Nodes on inherit but it does not. Specifically Forum Content/postsThe only way I can give access to that user group within the Node is to set all to yes on Node Permissions?
Nothing is set to Never. Only No.

Last edited:
This is almost certainly down to how you have permissions setup specifically. You should use analyze permissions on the node in question to confirm how they're being applied.

I have Mike. If I specifically set the Node Permissions to yes, it works but if I set to Inherit, it does not. I have checked the user group that it inherits from and the permissions I need are granted? all the other forums are working fine. Its as though the node only recognises the lowest permissions and will not promote from higher groups. If I change the primary group and remove the Registered group altogether inherit works?
In all honesty, I can work around it so long as I know but I thought I should point it out.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread... but same issue here. All users are registered... then members of additional usergroups. I have the usergroup with xyz permission set to yes. However, in the node they were set to Inherit. When I analyzed specific users node permissions... it was no. I changed the node permissions from Inherit to Yes... then analyze showed yes.

Top Bottom