XF 1.3 Member Card

Amaury

Is there an easier way to accomplish what I want?

Member Card.webp

I know the elements (user title, etc.) can be hidden or moved around with CSS, but the problem is the user blurb. From the words of our coding admin:

Mike on Skype said:
[2:47:51 PM] Mike: The bits for the member card are from an external file, not a template, so it's not as simple to make those changes you want. I can probably modify it, but being that it's a core file, whenever you upgrade the forum it will be overwritten
[2:49:39 PM] Amaury: Hm. I know the elements, like the gender, can be hidden with CSS, but I guess things can't be added. ;x
[2:50:33 PM] Mike: Anything possibile with CSS is still applicable, yes
[2:50:53 PM] Amaury: Can't the member card template just be edited, though?
[2:51:01 PM] Amaury: Like, I could comment out the user title if I wanted to.
[2:52:18 PM] Mike: Yes
[2:52:45 PM | Edited 2:52:53 PM] Amaury: Then can't we do what I want by editing the template? Like, refresh the page and check out a member card now.
[2:53:22 PM] Mike: Anything except adding those prefixes like Gender: Location: etc
[2:53:35 PM] Mike: because each of those little pieces come from {xen:helper userblurb}
[2:53:36 PM] Mike: which is in a file

What you're doing may be possible, e.g.

Code:

Actually, I think age might not be routinely available in that way... That may not work, but gender and location will.

I have to ask, though, why? What does it achieve. Surely people know just at a glance that Male / Female is a gender, a number is an age etc. Seems pointless changing it.

What you're doing may be possible, e.g.

Code:

Actually, I think age might not be routinely available in that way... That may not work, but gender and location will.

I have to ask, though, why? What does it achieve. Surely people know just at a glance that Male / Female is a gender, a number is an age etc. Seems pointless changing it.

Thank you.

Just for something unique, and I want to see what it looks like as well since things never really look too good on mockups.

Edit: We're still playing around with it.

Last edited:
Okay, so there was an additional change I wanted to do (aside from Daniel's suggestion to increase padding among the eight items), but don't know exactly how to go about it.

I edited the member_card template to remove the comma on the last activity and changed it to parentheses instead: "Viewing forum list (A moment ago)." However, I actually want the date / time stamp to be one line down, and I know that I can add a line break to accomplish that, but I want it to also be evenly aligned with the activity location, like so:

Member Card 2.webp

I couldn't get it exactly right, but the 4 (in this case) would be evenly aligned with the beginning of the V in Viewing.

Current:

Member Card 1.webp

Top Bottom