1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Member Card

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Amaury, Aug 12, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Is there an easier way to accomplish what I want?

Member Card.png

I know the elements (user title, etc.) can be hidden or moved around with CSS, but the problem is the user blurb. From the words of our coding admin:

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

What you're doing may be possible, e.g.

Actually, I think age might not be routinely available in that way... That may not work, but gender and location will.

I have to ask, though, why? What does it achieve. Surely people know just at a glance that Male / Female is a gender, a number is an age etc. Seems pointless changing it.
    Amaury likes this.
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Thank you.

Just for something unique, and I want to see what it looks like as well since things never really look too good on mockups.

Edit: We're still playing around with it.
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

After some fiddling in Paint, this is what we're going with. I personally think it looks great:

Member Card.png

The borders won't be as thick, of course.
    creativeforge likes this.
  5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

And done!

Member Card Done.png
    creativeforge and Optic like this.
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Okay, so there was an additional change I wanted to do (aside from Daniel's suggestion to increase padding among the eight items), but don't know exactly how to go about it.

I edited the member_card template to remove the comma on the last activity and changed it to parentheses instead: "Viewing forum list (A moment ago)." However, I actually want the date / time stamp to be one line down, and I know that I can add a line break to accomplish that, but I want it to also be evenly aligned with the activity location, like so:

Member Card 2.png

I couldn't get it exactly right, but the 4 (in this case) would be evenly aligned with the beginning of the V in Viewing.

Member Card 1.png
    creativeforge likes this.