Member card tweaking

Morgain

BACKGROUND
I got the dark background .png for the member card popup to go a lovely colour I like. Uploadede the graphic and all well - at first.

I was then trying to make some of the text on it more prominent - changed some "color:" lines to white in the member card css
and also the .xenOverlay.memberCard .avatarCropper
background color: white;
- not being a fan of black.

wail .... the whole card went white!
I changed the .xenOverlay.memberCard .avatarCropper
background color: black;
again!

but I still get white member card.

What is it that is overriding the background graphic?

CONVERSATION LINK
Also on the member card template there is this code:

Code:
<div class="userLinks">
        <xen:hook name="member_card_links">
            <font size=5>Visit my <a href="{xen:link members, $user}">{xen:phrase profile_page}</a></font>
            <xen:if is="{$user.user_id} != {$visitor.user_id}">
                <xen:if is="{$canStartConversation}"><a href="{xen:link conversations/add, '', 'to={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a></xen:if>
                <xen:follow user="$user" class="Tooltip" />
                <xen:if is="{$canCleanSpam}"><a href="{xen:link spam-cleaner, $user}" class="deleteSpam OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase spam}</a></xen:if>
            </xen:if>
        </xen:hook>
        </div>

Now that looks like there should be a link displaying so as to open a Conversation.
None displays on the Card but I'd really like that to be there.
Profile and Conversation are the obvious actions to be there I think.

It's hard to tell what happened. Best to just revert the templates that were changed and start over making the changes. Click the red X next to the template to revert it.

BACKGROUND
I got the dark background .png for the member card popup to go a lovely colour I like. Uploadede the graphic and all well - at first.

I was then trying to make some of the text on it more prominent - changed some "color:" lines to white in the member card css
and also the .xenOverlay.memberCard .avatarCropper
background color: white;
- not being a fan of black.

wail .... the whole card went white!
I changed the .xenOverlay.memberCard .avatarCropper
background color: black;
again!

but I still get white member card.

What is it that is overriding the background graphic?

CONVERSATION LINK
Also on the member card template there is this code:

Code:
<div class="userLinks">
        <xen:hook name="member_card_links">
            <font size=5>Visit my <a href="{xen:link members, $user}">{xen:phrase profile_page}</a></font>
            <xen:if is="{$user.user_id} != {$visitor.user_id}">
                <xen:if is="{$canStartConversation}"><a href="{xen:link conversations/add, '', 'to={$user.username}'}">{xen:phrase start_conversation}</a></xen:if>
                <xen:follow user="$user" class="Tooltip" />
                <xen:if is="{$canCleanSpam}"><a href="{xen:link spam-cleaner, $user}" class="deleteSpam OverlayTrigger">{xen:phrase spam}</a></xen:if>
            </xen:if>
        </xen:hook>
        </div>

Now that looks like there should be a link displaying so as to open a Conversation.
None displays on the Card but I'd really like that to be there.
Profile and Conversation are the obvious actions to be there I think.

To change the colours of the text and their sizes plus links basically all the elements you don't have to touch anything in the templates. You might want to checkout the css code in one of my graphic submissions here to get a feel what you can change and doing this all via css eliminating any template edits putting all your css alterations into extra.css template.

Top Bottom