First and foremost I must say that so far I am extremely impressed with this forum software. I have been using SMF for so long over multiple websites that I've become increasingly comfortable with it, and yet this is the first time I am truly truly considering leaving it all behind for new software.
Today is the very first day I ever even hear the name, XenForo and already chances are, I'm going to purchase this forum software on Friday the 31st, so I can play with it all weekend.
Alright so I have been doing a lot of searching on these boards and on google for mods and stuff because my current SMF forum has 42 mods installed onto it and I would like to emulate those features as much as possible. In some cases, I have found what I was looking for whereas in others, I haven't. But I figured, regardless of my findings or lack thereof, you all use this forum software and you all use these add-ons, so you all are much better experienced than I am and can point me in a direction I may not have found myself.
So here we go, first and foremost. My most important question.
My website is divided into three entites. There's the website itself made from Joomla! CMS 2.5, there's the forum made with SMF 2.0.2, and then there's the Wiki made with MediaWiki 1.19.1.
That's three different software with three different databases and three different user accounts. Obviously, that's a bit much for my users so we're using JFusion as a bridge.
Can JFusion (or any other bridge) be used to integration Joomla with XenForo with MediaWiki? I searched this and found that it was available for an older version of Joomla, but haven't found anything about the latest 2.5 build.
The following questions are based more on mods or features. I tried the Demo though currently I haven't been able to try it out extensively because I'm at work. I'm hoping to try it out more in-depth tonight when I get home.
Is there a users online feature?
- Displays whose online now within X amount of time and/or whose been online in the past 24 hours.
Is there an awards style display?
- Like where I can upload some 32x32 .png files to use as a little graphic which users can earn and display on their posts. While going through the Demo, I was awarded for my first post... is there a way to show this on posts or upload images for it?
Is there usergroup / membergroup style rank icons?
- I noticed on the demo and on this website that no one has the basic stars.gif or anything like that under their username.
Is there an Arcade for this forum?
- I searched and only found the xFArcade.
Is there a "Shop"?
- Like SMF Shop, users gain "credits" for various activities they do on the website. They can then spend these "credits" for fluff style items such as a custom username color, the ability to alter their username, changing their rank icons from stars to hearts, angels, pirates, ninjas, etc...
If you had to pick only one mod for your XenForo and no more, which one would you pick and why?
My website is a gaming community based website so community based features and mods are extremely important. Are there any mods you could recommend I take a look at?
I sincerely appreciate you taking your time to read all this. Thanks so much!
Couple more questions real quick:
If I purchase a License and then my website dies, doesn't do well, sucks big time, or otherwise has to close for any reason, can I later reuse my license to upload the forum to a new website in the future?
I read that you can only install the forum twice. Once for real and another as a test. But I like to go crazy with mods and stuff. And sometimes mods don't play nice with other mods. If I cause some sort of database error in my testing, is it not going to be possible to reinstall a fresh copy of the forum?