MG 2.1 Media Gallery view - Need more Columns

Jim Fox

In XF1 I could change the view from a 4 column view easily to 5 or 6 columns by changing a Style setting for XFMG.

In XF2 that flexibility appears to be removed.

It might not sound like much, but when people are looking over the Gallery of photos, to be able to have 5 or 6 columns just looks and feels cleaner, and allows the viewer to see so many more photos to then more easily click on the one they want to see. 4 columns seems like it is barely showing any.

How can I change XFMG to display either 5 or 6 columns like is seen when clicking on New Media?

Thanks!

This is a screen print of the current view when just going into the Media Gallery
1588317487676.webp

This is of the New Media view.
1588317527642.webp

It’s not fair exactly to say that flexibility has been removed. The styling is totally different by design and it’s actually just the case that the number of columns shown is determined by how wide the area is that they display in.

It’s entirely automatic rather than being a predetermined number, but it can also be controlled by the thumbnail width. The CSS tries to fit as many thumbnails in as it can without allowing them to shrink them too small

This can be controlled in the options. I think if you set it at around 200 or maybe a little less then it would have the desired effect.

Thanks! I will try the smaller thumbnail size and see how that works.

As I work through my first week with the XF2.1 upgrade, my first honest impression as I was looking to tweak the Media Gallery was that I had lost some of the flexibility that was in XF1. But to be fair, between XF2.1 and MG2, I and my staff members have been finding a lot of improvements we have liked and are appreciating, so I will watch that I don't come across too one sided. It will be a learning curve as I adjust to the changes.

Top Bottom