maxCDN or CDN.net?

Shyuan

Hi guys,

I am aware of a few CDN threads here, but not quite exactly what I want to know/seek advice. I recently signed up at maxCDN merely because *to me* they are very popular. I signed up for the basic monthly plan, then I noticed they do not have many locations and I have to pay $10/mth extra for Asia location. That kinda put me off because Singapore is the only Asia location (if I wasn't wrong). So I went to cdn.net seeing that they have more than 50 locations (I chose all available).

maxCDN
Pros: they have live chat support.
Cons: less locations and add $10/mth for Asia location (only Singapore as far as I am aware)

CDN.net
Pros: lots of locations
Cons: it seems the support team is only available 12 hours a day during weekdays.

I've tried both, my forum speed indeed sped up a lot (trying it out in UK). Should perform well in other countries around the world too.

Would you choose maxCDN or cdn.net according to the above pros and cons? Feel free to also suggest other CDN providers but I personally do not quite fancy Cloudflare due to the different packages. I think CDN.net is simple enough for me.

Any inputs would be much appreciated. Thank you very much :)

If your server is VPS/Dedicated, then enable pagespeed mod(apache/nginx compatible) and SPDY 3.1 (y).
You don't need cdn anymore :)

CDN77.com

They use the same onapp system as cdn.net, and they have better reporting in place

upload_2014-3-17_13-29-28.webp

@MattW wow, to me, it's indeed a better view of report which I like! I will take a look at it. Thank you :)

And yea, I forgot to mention another cons of CDN.net is that the report is not quite friendly.

Top Bottom