• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

MassAlert - Send custom alerts to groups of users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Q: Would it be a good idea to be able to send a "Mass Alert" ... to all people currently online ?

A business site might have "instant specials". Everyone online can get 15% off if they purchase in the next 30 minutes.
There could be many uses.

It's working for me, but is there currently a way to delete old alerts (i.e. if someone hasn't seen it, for it to expire after x days or by manual deletion)?

doesn't this already exist? There is a cron job which does this after ?7 days if I am not mistaken.
That's why I asked if there was currently a way to do so...guess so! :P For some reason, it seemed like there was an admin option to delete them...I might be insane

I have forums + 3 gaming sites. Installed this mod. It is awesome.

One request, should you ever upgrade it again: Any way to set it so that certain user groups could use it (i.e. my actual Game Managers). It'd be nice to let the RPG leaders alert their writers without giving them carte blanche to the Admin CP.

Thanks for a great Mod!

Stormwolfe

One request, should you ever upgrade it again: Any way to set it so that certain user groups could use it (i.e. my actual Game Managers). It'd be nice to let the RPG leaders alert their writers without giving them carte blanche to the Admin CP

This suggestion has already been made and repeatedly responded to beginning on page 2
there is no provision for adding a link or selecting the usergroup.
imo, these alerts shouldnt occur so frequently that one needs to send them from outside the acp.

Q: Would it be a good idea to be able to send a "Mass Alert" ... to all people currently online ?

A business site might have "instant specials". Everyone online can get 15% off if they purchase in the next 30 minutes.
There could be many uses.

Totally agree.

I get this error

Code:
Server Error

call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'Dark_MassAlert_Install' not found

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/thegeekdistrict/public_html/admin.php at line 13

I get this error

Code:
Server Error

call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'Dark_MassAlert_Install' not found

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
call_user_func() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 214
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 180
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionInstall() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/thegeekdistrict/public_html/admin.php at line 13

You need to upload the files before importing the addon xml

any chance the files got uploaded to the wrong directory? It happened to me once and caused a lot of confusion.

I've just switched servers. I was uploading them to the wrong bloody server, damn, now I feel like such an idiot. Haha. Let's upload them to the right server now, shall we? If it fails, I'll be back :D

Tried this on a test board...
Although the list of Addons Shows its installed along with TaigaChat ( Only 2 Installed ) Its is not showing up in the Home / Options Area for editing...

Any ideas as to why..?

Test board is running latest XF version...

DUHHH... Forget the above I was having a brain fart moment , looking in the wrong place..

Regards..

Great plug in. Question, I noticed there was a check box for unregistered/unconfirmed. How does the unregistered user get the alert? Isn't the alert function conditioned so only non-guests can view? I can understand the unconfirmed user because he/she would have their username - inbox - alert - log out in the navigation bar. I tried a test alert aimed at this group without any luck, thats why I'm asking.

First off, love the addon - its awesome.

It was working fine for 2-3 weeks but now for whatever reason - I send alerts but it doesnt actually send to anyone despite it saying "alert sent!"

The @ / reply system still works without issues and properly alerts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom