MarkItUp Integrator [Deleted]

Don't worry, I understand why you did that. But I don't feel I have to prove anything to anyone. I'm not a professional coder and will never be, but if someone really want to see my addons, he can. Most of them are free. If someone want to see my support, he also can easily. So you know "doubts"...

P.S: By the way, I've bought themes and addons from professional coders (Wordpress plateform). When I see the way they code, I understand that professionalism can be something relative.
It may be easier to install plugins for Wordpress but getting support for addons on xenforo is far more easier.

You can try to buy Wordpress addons to codecanyon. Developers here are really nice and take a lot of time for support.
I deleted my wordpress and decided to keep everything strictly xenforo because I don't get the same quality of support that I do on xenforo. I even had problems with xenscripts and xendynamic. Now I only focus on stuff my members need and something like your addon is very convenient. The current tinymce editor is frusturating to me. I prefer vbulletins ckeditor. I watched your video in the resource. This markitup product looks way better than tinymce. Do you have a demo site where we can post in it to try it out?

Btw the only modification i wish xenforo had that wordpress has is buddystream.

I deleted my wordpress and decided to keep everything strictly xenforo because I don't get the same quality of support that I do on xenforo. I even had problems with xenscripts and xendynamic. Now I only focus on stuff my members need and something like your addon is very convenient. The current tinymce editor is frusturating to me. I prefer vbulletins ckeditor. I watched your video in the resource. This markitup product looks way better than tinymce. Do you have a demo site where we can post in it to try it out?

Btw the only modification i wish xenforo had that wordpress has is buddystream.

For XenScript, Jamie did a GREAT work and his support is fantastic. But you're right, it is very difficult (impossible) to make a bridge than can work with every Wordpress addons. I had to recode all my templates (WP paid style with full of errors or poor coding) to do what I really wanted to.

For the demo, there's my website, but you need to be register and you will not access the admin part. But wait, I send you a pm.

I forget to answer you about the TinyMce part. To be honest, you can't compare both editor. TinyMce is much more advanced. And again, the XenForo team did a great job with the integration. It's logical to integrate a wysiwyg editor with a new script such as XenForo. Most forum members are happy with it. They put a text in bold, it's in bold, in italic, it's in italic. It's very visual. And... they don't do more than this. But for members staff who wants to make a clean code, with visual presentations, and have control on them, the bbcode editor is for me the best. That what I already said last november. I regretted then to have only choice between a wysiwyg editor and an empty textarea (even with the nice Minorin addon).

For XenScript, Jamie did a GREAT work and his support is fantastic. But you're right, it is very difficult (impossible) to make a bridge than can work with every Wordpress addons. I had to recode all my templates (WP paid style with full of errors or poor coding) to do what I really wanted to.

For the demo, there's my website, but you need to be register and you will not access the admin part. But wait, I send you a pm.
Yeah his addon is great but it broke for me after I upgraded Wordpress. XenDynamic also broke for me after I upgraded both xenforo and wordpress. This is why I don't want to do integrations anymore because when you upgrade either software it's a major problem when those addons and styles break compared to other addons and styles. Also, XenDynamic is a kind of style that requires some previous html or php skill if you want to get that style to work with other Wordpress plugins. Bambua doesn't really support that aspect of XenDynamic nor do most coders who create wordpress plugins.

I forget to answer you about the TinyMce part. To be honest, you can't compare both editor. TinyMce is much more advanced. And again, the XenForo team did a great job with the integration. It's logical to integrate a wysiwyg editor with a new script such as XenForo. Most forum members are happy with it. They put a text in bold, it's in bold, in italic, it's in italic. It's very visual. And... they don't do more than this. But for members staff who wants to make a clean code, with visual presentations, and have control on them, the bbcode editor is for me the best. That what I already said last november. I regretted then to have only choice between a wysiwyg editor and an empty textarea (even with the nice Minorin addon).
How do we get our custom smilies to show up in the markitup integrator?

Also, how would I add this button? guiltar showed me how for his Template Modification System but I was limited to where I put it. With your addon I can move the button around freely.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/template-modification-system-tms.27973/page-10#post-354271

For example:

Code:
xenforo_smilies: {xen:helper json, $smilies},
xenforo_custom_bbcode_tags: {"nsfw":["Not Safe For Work","styles/qapla/nsfw.png"]},
xenforo_custom_bbcode_tags: {"hide":["Hide From Guests","styles/qapla/hide.png"]},

hidebutton.jpg

To add smilies, you need to add new smilies to the button set (command) with new css code in the extra css. I will show you later. I advice you first to create an easy button to become more familiar with the code. You will see it's very easy. But as I told in pm, please give me a little time to create a small guide. If you are too hurry (^^), just look the bold button. It's quite easy to understand the code. Don't start with outdent/indent ^^

Ok a quick example before doing something else.

I want to create a test button with [test] [/test] tags.

Here is the Button Set (command)
Code:
{name:'My Test button', openWith:'[test]', closeWith:'[/test]'},
Here is the Button Main CSS (for the button icon)
Code:
.bbcode .markItUpButton{$id} a{ 
    background:url('styles/sedo/markitup/buttons/test.png') no-repeat 0 0;
    width:12px; height:18px;
}

For the css, you have to upload the test.png button to the correct directory. If you want to align your button and don't know css, you just have to play with the double zero
Code:
    background:url('styles/sedo/markitup/buttons/test.png') no-repeat 1px 4px;
}

No need to explain width and height values, but try to use a 18px height button in order to have a nice harmony with other buttons.

Does the editor allow you to insert and embed videos still just by pasting the link?

Does the editor allow you to insert and embed videos still just by pasting the link?
If you are asking me if you will the nice popup ({forum}/index.php?editor/dialog&style=1&dialog=media), the answer is no. All has been developed for TinyMCE, I would need to spend a lot of hours to check if I can recode it... without knowing if I would succeed. That's why all buttons except the media one has been redone.

If you are asking me if pasting a video link will automatically embed a video after having matched the url from the BB Code Media Site, the answer is yes. But I did nothing for it. This is XenForo Default Behaviour. It's even working with the simple text area.

Ok a quick example before doing something else.

I want to create a test button with [test] [/test] tags.

Here is the Button Set (command)
Code:
{name:'My Test button', openWith:'[test]', closeWith:'[/test]'},
Here is the Button Main CSS (for the button icon)
Code:
    background:url('styles/sedo/markitup/buttons/test.png') no-repeat 0 0;
}

For the css, you have to upload the test.png button to the correct directory. If you want to align your button and don't know css, you just have to play with the double zero
Code:
    background:url('styles/sedo/markitup/buttons/test.png') no-repeat 1px 4px;
}

No need to explain width and height values, but try to use a 18px height button in order to have a nice harmony with other buttons.
I was able to add one bb code using the example you gave but not any others. I guess I'll have to wait for your tutorials.

To add smilies, you need to add new smilies to the button set (command) with new css code in the extra css. I will show you later. I advice you first to create an easy button to become more familiar with the code. You will see it's very easy. But as I told in pm, please give me a little time to create a small guide. If you are too hurry (^^), just look the bold button. It's quite easy to understand the code. Don't start with outdent/indent ^^
Oh okay great I'll wait!

What do you mean ?
This is the code I use with TMS for the default TinyMCE editor to show my two customized buttons.

Code:
[code]xenforo_smilies: {xen:helper json, $smilies},
xenforo_custom_bbcode_tags: {"nsfw":["Not Safe For Work","styles/qapla/nsfw.png"]},
xenforo_custom_bbcode_tags: {"hide":["Hide From Guests","styles/qapla/hide.png"]},

So I got the nsfw button to show up, awesome! But when I try to add the second button called 'hide', using the exact same code as the test example you posted, it doesn't show up in the MarkItUpEditor.

You lost me ^^

Sorry I don't use "TMS". I thought this addon was an easy user search/replace system, so I didn't use it preferring to use my own regex.

Let's put aside the smilies, which would me more difficult to do if you don't know CSS.
For the other buttons, I count two buttons. So you need to create two buttons (except if you want to make one with submenus, but It would be harder to do for a first time).

The first one is working, ok, but you told me the second doesn't. Are you sure your image link is correct? Give me the code, or export the button and send it to me.

If you are asking me if pasting a video link will automatically embed a video after having matched the url from the BB Code Media Site, the answer is yes. But I did nothing for it. This is XenForo Default Behaviour. It's even working with the simple text area.

Thought so, thanks ;)

You can check whether a user has licence by more clear way.
Unlicensed users can't post here, so you only need to ask for some post in this thread before order.

Attachments

• Screenshot_41.webp
    Screenshot_41.webp
    35.2 KB · Views: 17
You can check whether a user has licence by more clear way.
Unlicensed users can't post here, so you only need to ask for some post in this thread before order.
I didn't know that. Thank for the tip, It would better indeed.
Edit: I can't delete my file and make it this thread having the "paid addon" display.

Top Bottom