1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mark Posts as Best Answer [Paid]

Allows users to mark a post in their threads as best answer.

1. Lior.

Lior. Well-Known Member

Lior. submitted a new resource:

Mark Posts as Best Answer - Allows users to mark a post in their threads as best answer.

Read more about this resource...
    Mirovinger and jmurrayhead like this.
  2. jazz_aaf

jazz_aaf Active Member

nice .. on the top of my list of mods to use after our complete transfer from vbulletin.
  3. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

lazer and jazz_aaf like this.
  4. Renegade

Renegade Well-Known Member

Ah something that I have been looking for!

PS: Are you the same Lior (liorko from elance) who used to do custom VB add-ons?
  5. The Forum Heroes

The Forum Heroes Well-Known Member

If another post receives more votes, will it replace the current post marked as best answer?
  6. Renegade

Don't think it is vote based. The thread starter decides the best post. So I guess he can change it later and replace the best post.
  7. The Forum Heroes

Oh it's not based on votes of best answer like stack overflow or yahoo answers?
  8. Renegade

No but this can be a feature request. An option to enable the best post by:
    1. Either the thread starter
    2. Or the most votes
    3. Or the thread starter (high weightage) and most votes combined
  9. The Forum Heroes

Yeah, I see that now "allows thread creators to mark a post". I wonder if a Admin could mark it too.
    resonansER likes this.
  10. LPH

LPH Well-Known Member

It does not look like it. Any threads I started (admin account) show a "Best Answer" link but this link is absent in other threads started by other people.
  11. The Forum Heroes

Oh :( if not voted, I would at least like ability for Admins to select in as in the event of questions. Many people ask a question never to return to read it or couldn't be bothered to mark it as best answer.
    JVCode, jazz_aaf and jmurrayhead like this.
  12. RoldanLT

RoldanLT Well-Known Member

Same as DP Forum (y)
  13. Lior.

Lior. Well-Known Member

Great suggestions, will definitely be looking into adding them.

Not sure about the multiple best answers option tough, as it kind of contradicts the concept of the mod (i.e. the best answer).

I am :) Who are you? (You don't have to tell, of course)

This is actually the way Stackoverflow works - the OP chooses the best answer.

I'll be looking into adding a option for a votes-based best answer, though it's not really what this add-on is about.

Will be added in the next version.
  14. The Forum Heroes

Perfect! Will be purchasing as soon as it's added
  15. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

+1. That might be real interesting.
  16. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

So the best answer link doesn't show up for everyone and only the thread starter can see it? Not sure how this works exactly. Seems like a voting type mechanism would be helpful. Thumbs up or down. Most ups gets to be the best answer.
  17. Moshe1010

Moshe1010 Well-Known Member

Thumbs up and down contradicts in some way with the "Likes" system. I'm saying it's a good feature to include (for some), but it should be up the admins to enable/disable this feature through ACP.
  18. jmurrayhead

jmurrayhead Well-Known Member

Change the concept? :p Seriously though, multiple answers (not best answers) isn't as important to me. It just helps for situations where there can be different correct answers.
    yavuz and resonansER like this.
  19. lazer

lazer Well-Known Member

Frikken Awesome!!

Well done and thanks Lior. It's at the top of my post 1.2 upgrade list. (y)
  20. Lior.

Lior. Well-Known Member

RastaLulz and yavuz like this.