Mark Posts as Best Answer [Deleted]

Hi All

I’m having some issues with marking my posts as best answered

See here:

http://hub.esellerpro.com

Try and mark ANY post as best answer (I’ve enabled it in the Forum options) but this happens:

View attachment 86956

So then I mark it as “Best Answer”
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ongjw7cbq9aqib4/Screenshot 2014-10-20 21.49.55.png?dl=0

Nothing happens except the popup to say "Post has been marked as BEst Answer" – no page refresh or anything….

I refresh the page and the post is still exactly where it was – no indicator or prefix to say it’s been answered.

View attachment 86955

The post hasn't moved to first position either, It’s still at the bottom of the page and no prefix is appearing in view

Please help asap as we have to launch the Forum on Friday to our customer base

Thanks!

Dan
i just updated from a previous working version and i am having the exact same issue..
Ah at least someone else is experiencing this, right now I'm going through all my add-on's disabling them to find what is causing the problem....

Only problem is I have about 14 add-ons! >.< Not what I need right now :(

I'll PM you a list Fred - see if we have something in common with add-on's and see if that;s the issue or bad code in the latest release :(
Same problem with me.
I have disabled all plugins and renabled them one at a time and it seems to be clashing with Digital Point Ad Positioning plugin in some way..
I have that addon also, Can you please take a look @Lior. ?

Callback BestAnswer_Listener::load_class_view is invalid (Invalid Method).
:)
Are you trying to install using Chris D's Add-on Install & Upgrade? If so, then that's an issue I've informed Chris about. It should work the second time you try to install though.

Are you trying to install using Chris D's Add-on Install & Upgrade? If so, then that's an issue I've informed Chris about. It should work the second time you try to install though.
Yeah, it worked the second time. Where/how do I edit the "best answer" when it's in the first message as a quote? can't find it in phrases.

@Lior. thank you for this very nice addon, the latest version seems very nice. I have one suggestion that would make it perfect for my forum.
Today you can have a second prefix that says that a thread is answered, very nice.
What I would like is to have a second prefix that says Question so that users on my forum can prefix their thread as a Question as a second prefix and that then people could vote for best answer.
I guess it could be done today with a special prefix but I would like it as a second prefix, just as the answered prefix so the threads can keep their original prefix.

What I would like is to have a second prefix that says Question so that users on my forum can prefix their thread as a Question as a second prefix and that then people could vote for best answer.
I guess it could be done today with a special prefix but I would like it as a second prefix, just as the answered prefix so the threads can keep their original prefix.
I don't like the idea.
Just create a "Question" thread prefix and assign it to your desired forum section.

@Lior. thank you for this very nice addon, the latest version seems very nice. I have one suggestion that would make it perfect for my forum.
Today you can have a second prefix that says that a thread is answered, very nice.
If I understand you correctly (and I'm not sure I do), then what you're asking for is a specific prefix which denotes the thread can use the Best Answer functionality. That's exactly what the addon does. As RoldanLT says...
Just create a "Question" thread prefix and assign it to your desired forum section.
And when a best answer is chosen, the prefix changes to another prefix you choose. Or the 'Answered' used specifically by the addon.

Last edited:
Lets say I have a forum that's called devices, in that forum I have four prefixes: Desktop, laptop, pad, mobile. Most of the threads are discussions but once in a while a user would like to have an answer to a question.
If I understand correctly I then today have to provide a prefix Question for them to choose, if I have it set up that way. What I want is for them to be able to use the laptop prefix and then also ad a second prefix Question to the thread.
As I understand it, today you could do that when a thread is answered, make it have the original prefix "laptop" and then also "Answered". I hope you now understand what I mean.

Just create another forum that caters Support/Question only then enable Mark as best answer on that forum.

Just create another forum that caters Support/Question only then enable Mark as best answer on that forum.
I am sorry but one of the reasons I have a lot of prefixes in some forums are that I want as few forums as possible, I use prefixes instead of subforums. Questions could be asked in any of my forums, to make subforums for questions in each of them is not a good idea. To try to make them ask questions about many very different topics in a single separate forum would also be a bad idea.

Nah, so you will enable Mark as Best Answer on all forums?
What about those Tutorial thread, Off topic thread, Sharing tips thread needs best answer?

I would like the thread starter to decide if they want Mark as Best Answer on their thread, maybe by checking a box.

I would like the thread starter to decide if they want Mark as Best Answer on their thread, maybe by checking a box.
That was how I originally envisaged it, but having prefixes for questions and answers makes it easier because it's more a natural part of how Xenforo works.
I do see the problem here when you already use prefixes to differentiate between types of topic being discussed. We separate those topics out into individual forums. If you want to have as few forums as possible, then you're going to need a different solution.
Maybe you could ask Lior whether he would be prepared to make a third option - use a new tickbox, called, maybe 'Show me the best answer' to activate Best Answer for that thread. Whether he adds it or not, I guess will depend on how many people want it.
You understand for people like me with more forums and where prefixes are not used to determine thread topics, using prefixes to denote questions is a better solution.

Last edited:
Hi, for the following feature to work, the forum which the thread resides must be enabled to allow mark as best answer?

• It's now possible to allow the best answer functionality based on a thread's prefix.

Top Bottom