Mark Posts as Best Answer [Deleted]

Im not seeing the Unmark best answer button after marking a post as best answer. On testing it shows up once I press the best answer button but when clicked I'm told I don't have permission, refresh the page and the button is not showing.

Hi @Lior.

Is there a way to "clean" up the user's best answer count? If I move threads from one forum to another, the best answer gets "unmarked", but it still displays in the user count.

Thank you :)
Thanks, noted.

Im not seeing the Unmark best answer button after marking a post as best answer. On testing it shows up once I press the best answer button but when clicked I'm told I don't have permission, refresh the page and the button is not showing.
Can't really think of a reason. Can you please send me your forum URL by a private conversation and let me know where I can test this?

@Lior. any thoughts on
Thanks for continuing to update this fine addon.
May I make a request, please?
Plenty of people are using the Question prefix, but hardly anyone is marking a post as the best answer.
I think we need to prompt the OP to do so.

Could you please consider updating the addon to send an alert to the OP of a thread which has
  • got the Question prefix (so is therefore an unanswered question)
  • has x number of replies - a setting in the admin page - maybe 0 = do not send an alert
  • has had y days since reply number x was posted - another setting in the admin page
In other words after the question has had a certain number of replies and a certain number of days has passed since that reply was posted, send the alert.
The alert links to the thread and prompts the OP to mark one of the replies as best answer.
Thanks
?

Just purchased this plugin and loving it so far. One bug I noticed is that in the "Thread Display Options" where you can filter by "State" ... "Answered or Unanswered" - this State dropdown is showing in Forums that do not have the Best Answer option enabled in the Mark as Best Answer Options. Hope that makes sense?

i.e. I have enabled this add-on for 2 of my forums, but not all of them ... but the thread display options shows this "State" filter no matter what.

How does this add-on work with existing posts? If an old post starts receiving 'Best Answer' clicks, does it add the 'Answered' filter. In a related question, how does a post get filtered as 'Question'? For example, let's say I have an existing forum on blue widgets with hundreds of posts. Does every new post get tagged as 'Question'?

Still trying to understand how and when the filters get added.

How does this add-on work with existing posts? If an old post starts receiving 'Best Answer' clicks, does it add the 'Answered' filter. In a related question, how does a post get filtered as 'Question'? For example, let's say I have an existing forum on blue widgets with hundreds of posts. Does every new post get tagged as 'Question'?

Still trying to understand how and when the filters get added.
The Question prefix is used to define which threads have Questions. Only replies in Question threads can be voted Best Answer.
So the Best Answer button only appears in threads with the Question prefix.
You have to manually add the Question prefix either to new threads (done by the thread starter usually) or to existing threads by a moderator.

Last edited:
Was this fixed? I'll have to assume it was for both of you. And regarding the error, did it happen after an upgrade? Seems like many others are using it happily.

I didn't see it but would be even more useful (if not included) to be used in widgets so as to have a list of top members with the most best answers.

Was this fixed? I'll have to assume it was for both of you. And regarding the error, did it happen after an upgrade? Seems like many others are using it happily.
Basically the result of a short max execution time and a design flaw in the add-on. Can be worked around, but I should fix it in a future version.

I didn't see it but would be even more useful (if not included) to be used in widgets so as to have a list of top members with the most best answers.
On my to-do list, though unfortunately I currently don't have time at all to release a new version.

Yes, had to run query manually to avoid timeout and set a NULL default value to that field

Suggestion: It will be usefull if you add an option to allow both thread starter and community to vote

Last edited:
Thanks.

Same error as bhkien , I installed 1.6.0.1 version and when I activate it and try to report a post, Although it seems to be fine, but nothing will be emailed to admin and I receive error log in server.
(Error's full text sent to you via PC)
And when I disable this add-on, then when I try to report some post, error popup with the same error comes.
Any opinion will be appreciated.

Regards,
Hamed

Last edited:
Top Bottom