Mark Posts as Best Answer [Deleted]

@Lior.
Is it normal that every member can unmark best answer even if they did not vote?

admin have the permission "Mark any post as Best Answer"

does that mean, if admin vote for one post, it will be the best answer no matter votes on other posts?
Nope, when using the voting method, admins don't have the ability to set a particular post as best answer.

@Lior.

i think there is a bug
when a user vote for a post, other users can't vote best answer for the same post
they can only unmark best answer?

any idea???
That's indeed a bug, the phrase that's showing is incorrect (however clicking on it would still function properly and vote for that post).

Nope, when using the voting method, admins don't have the ability to set a particular post as best answer.

That's indeed a bug, the phrase that's showing is incorrect (however clicking on it would still function properly and vote for that post).
Any hot fix for this?
This is a serious bug for me :/

What does this permission Mark any post as Best Answer differ from Mark post as Best Answer ?

Sure.

Mark post as Best Answer enables the regular use of marking as best answer, while Mark any post as Best Answer allows the user to set any post as best answer, even in threads created by other users.
I have set Best Answer Chosen By: The Community
So no need to set/enable Mark any post as Best Answer right?

Last edited:
@Lior.
Nice,
when you update, can you add a different phrase for "best answer" (the link to vote) and "Best answer" that is show when an answer is the best answer.

So we can use 2 differents Phrase
for exemple

Best Answer +1 to vote
and Best Answer to show (hilight)

thank

Lior. updated Mark Posts as Best Answer with a new update entry:

Couple of improvements and bug fixes

• Marking posts as best answers is now disabled by default (only for new installation, not upgrades) and has to be explicitly enabled for each forum.
  • Fixed the incorrect phrase which was showing in posts selected as best answer by the community, for members who hadn't voted for that post.
  • The phrase that's used in the Best Answer button in posts and that phrase that's used in the best answer indicator are now separate, so you can have a different text in each.

Read the rest of this update entry...

I'm afraind I'm facing some difficulties downloading updates since I'm being asked to make another purchase of $10.

Feature requests:
  1. In question forums, change the ctrl_title_thread_create phrase to 'Type your question here'. This small tweak is vital, because it changes the purpose of the thread title to a question. Without this users will enter a thread title like 'Help Me!!!!'
  2. On forum view add a clear link to unanswered questions.
  3. On Forum view replace the 'Post New Thread' button with 'Ask a Question'.
  4. Prefix threads with 'Answered' and 'Unanswered' or with the font Awesome icons for question-mark and check-mark
  5. List the most popular questions in the last month in the sidebar.
I'd like to sponsor these features. Maybe a few members can get together to make this happen.
Just letting you know I've experimented with 1 and 3, but I'm not sure people would like this for all of their forums. So I guess there should be an option to enable it for each forum individually. Anyway, if you'd like to have it enabled on all forums, you can enable forum_view and the thread_create template modifications.

I'm afraind I'm facing some difficulties downloading updates since I'm being asked to make another purchase of $10.
Update notifications are emailed to all of the users who purchased the add-on. They just contain the original link you've received when you first purchased the product though. That link always contains the latest version. Anyway, if you're having difficulties downloading the update, send me a PC.

I just purchased and installed this one... and for some reason it has broken the"Newest Post First by Waindigo" add on.

I have had to turn it off for now as a lot of my users use that add on.
I can make it work, but only with the option to show the first post at the top of the thread disabled. So if you're not interested in it or willing to give up on it, contact me via a PC and I'll send you a fix. If can also refund you of course, just let me know via a PC.

Top Bottom