1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Implemented Manually Award Trophies

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Steve10, Sep 4, 2010.

1. Steve10

Steve10 Well-Known Member

So someone suggested I make a fresh thread with this in because the place I was discussing it was in a resolved area so no one would ever view it. So anyway the idea is that on top of the automatic trophies admins can manually award trophies.

The reasoning for this is if your forum runs competitions and the winner gets the trophy to show off and however many points that come with it. It wouldn't need any criteria or anything and would preferably show up immediately on the users trophy page.

Like if you like, say if you don't.

Edit: This additional feature still hasn't arrived but in better news Russ has made some lovely mock ups of what it could look like to illustrate what we want.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is something I have had my sights on. :)

3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Great stuff!

We do a fantasy league and fantasy cup on my site every year so that would be very useful.

Fuhrmann likes this.
  4. CyberAP

CyberAP Well-Known Member

Great idea!

5. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

I would definitely love this too! :D

6. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

yep I agree, good idea. Only thing is, atm, the 'trophy' is only points. There are no tropy images.
    I'm hoping that if K/M don't add this, someone will code a mod for it.

Shanj likes this.
  7. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Well-Known Member

Brilliant! VERY useful for special events! I run a trivia contest every so often, and give a rank to the winner who happen to win, but giving a trophy as well for when the rank is no longer valid (the winner of the following game takes the rank) and my members will have something to show for their work!

Also, @Peggy, agree on the trophy images. I really want to see that included before XF is released, even if images are not created stock for the default trophies, to at least have the option to associate images would be superb and give the trophies a great deal more meaning to members.

8. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Yep, that was something I brought up here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/images-for-trophies.342/ :)

9. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

10. Sejper

Sejper Active Member

This suggestion is something I would really like to have to.

11. ked38

ked38 Member

+1 Great idea and can't vote more ... :)

12. Steve10

Steve10 Well-Known Member

Great, I'd love to see it implemented.

13. Grover

Grover Well-Known Member

We have something like 'Poster of the Year' every so often, so something like this could come in very handy indeed.

14. Booth

Booth Well-Known Member

Would be very handy for a Poster of the Year award indeed :)

15. DoctorWatsOn

DoctorWatsOn Well-Known Member

Give me the power - lol :D

16. anotheralias

anotheralias Well-Known Member

I don't know how I missed this before but, liking it x 100000000.

17. Ranger375

Ranger375 Well-Known Member

A good way to get some people to donate lol

18. fattony69

fattony69 Well-Known Member

Sorry to bump, but I would definitely love to see this and hopefully Mike will implement this for the RC or Gold version!

19. JVCode

JVCode Well-Known Member

Agreed.

20. Xarcell

Xarcell Well-Known Member

I'd also like to add I'd like to see an option to award a user when joining a certain group under criteria. This would be good for those that pay for a subscription and are placed in a group, like donaters or whatever. Or those that that join the site team or moderate.

Also, while I'm at it... perhaps award trophies to user's that reach a post goal within a certain board & child boards. Or whatever...