Implemented Manually Award Trophies

Steve10

So someone suggested I make a fresh thread with this in because the place I was discussing it was in a resolved area so no one would ever view it. So anyway the idea is that on top of the automatic trophies admins can manually award trophies.

The reasoning for this is if your forum runs competitions and the winner gets the trophy to show off and however many points that come with it. It wouldn't need any criteria or anything and would preferably show up immediately on the users trophy page.

Like if you like, say if you don't.

Edit: This additional feature still hasn't arrived but in better news Russ has made some lovely mock ups of what it could look like to illustrate what we want.

trophy1-gif.19687

trophy2-gif.19688

Upvote 63
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
The reasoning for this is if your forum runs competitions and the winner gets the trophy to show off and however many points that come with it. It wouldn't need any criteria or anything and would preferably show up immediately on the users trophy page.
yep I agree, good idea. Only thing is, atm, the 'trophy' is only points. There are no tropy images.
I'm hoping that if K/M don't add this, someone will code a mod for it.

Brilliant! VERY useful for special events! I run a trivia contest every so often, and give a rank to the winner who happen to win, but giving a trophy as well for when the rank is no longer valid (the winner of the following game takes the rank) and my members will have something to show for their work!

Also, @Peggy, agree on the trophy images. I really want to see that included before XF is released, even if images are not created stock for the default trophies, to at least have the option to associate images would be superb and give the trophies a great deal more meaning to members.

Brilliant! VERY useful for special events! I run a trivia contest every so often, and give a rank to the winner who happen to win, but giving a trophy as well for when the rank is no longer valid (the winner of the following game takes the rank) and my members will have something to show for their work!

Also, @Peggy, agree on the trophy images. I really want to see that included before XF is released, even if images are not created stock for the default trophies, to at least have the option to associate images would be superb and give the trophies a great deal more meaning to members.
Yep, that was something I brought up here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/images-for-trophies.342/ :)

We have something like 'Poster of the Year' every so often, so something like this could come in very handy indeed.

I'd also like to add I'd like to see an option to award a user when joining a certain group under criteria. This would be good for those that pay for a subscription and are placed in a group, like donaters or whatever. Or those that that join the site team or moderate.

Also, while I'm at it... perhaps award trophies to user's that reach a post goal within a certain board & child boards. Or whatever...

Top Bottom