Resource icon

Mandatory Location 1.3.3

No permission to download
ceribik updated Mandatory Location with a new update entry:

Mandatory Location 1.2

I've finally updated this to support XF 1.2!

Change log:
  • Updated to support XenForo 1.2.3 (untested on 1.2-1.2.2)
  • Reworked register form modification to use the template modification system in XF 1.2
Upgrade notes:
Simply upload all files in the upload folder and update the addon with the included XML file.

If you edited your register form template for a previous version of Mandatory Location, you'll want to either:
a) Remove it, or
b) Keep it and disable...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi. This add-on is a great idea, especially when combined with the User Map add-on which shows all users location on a map.

Is there anyway to modify however, so that if a location is not set in existing accounts it redirects the user on their next login to their account settings and makes them enter their location?

Hi. This add-on is a great idea, especially when combined with the User Map add-on which shows all users location on a map.

Is there anyway to modify however, so that if a location is not set in existing accounts it redirects the user on their next login to their account settings and makes them enter their location?
The addon already support user criteria for those who haven't added a location yet, so you could do this with another addon that supports using criteria in this way.

I got this working on Xenforo 1.3 by adding this in the Foolbothoneypot_register_form template.

Code:
    <dl class="ctrlUnit">
        <dt><label for="ctrl_location">{xen:phrase location}:</label></dt>
        <dd>
            <input type="text" name="location" value="{$fields.location}" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_location" />
            <p class="explain">{$xenOptions.MandatoryLocationPhraseRegLoc}</p>
        </dd>
    </dl>

On default xenforo you would add this to register_form

The reason it wasn't working for me before is because the template modification in this addon was trying to find and replace: <dl class="ctrlUnit OptOut"> which is no longer in the latest versions of Xenforo.

I got this working on Xenforo 1.3 by adding this in the Foolbothoneypot_register_form template.

Code:
    <dl class="ctrlUnit">
        <dt><label for="ctrl_location">{xen:phrase location}:</label></dt>
        <dd>
            <input type="text" name="location" value="{$fields.location}" class="textCtrl" id="ctrl_location" />
            <p class="explain">{$xenOptions.MandatoryLocationPhraseRegLoc}</p>
        </dd>
    </dl>

On default xenforo you would add this to register_form

The reason it wasn't working for me before is because the template modification in this addon was trying to find and replace: <dl class="ctrlUnit OptOut"> which is no longer in the latest versions of Xenforo.
Doesn't work for me in xf 1.3. This code is already in register_form but it doesn't work anyway.

So this is why registrations have been down since late last week (updated to 1.3). Thankfully a guy used the contact us field to let me know.

Its always a good idea to join your own site every which way (both normal and through external authorizations such as facebook). I've learned the hard way sometimes registration breaks and no one will tell you about it.

Reactions: DBA
Its always a good idea to join your own site every which way (both normal and through external authorizations such as facebook). I've learned the hard way sometimes registration breaks and no one will tell you about it.
This goes double when using a beta release (XF 1.3), and when using addons that alter the registration process.

Top Bottom