Lack of interest Make thread title a link to the thread itself

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Vladislav Rastrusny

Hello.

Currently we can get a link to a thread by right-clicking the date of it's creation below thread title. It looks a little bit strange to me that thread title itself is not a link, but thread starting date is.

Can you exchange things or additionally make thread title a link to the thread?

LinksToTheWholeThread.webp

Upvote 1
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I know this is in suggestions but you can achieve this with a simple template edit.

Open the thread_view template.

Find this on the second line:
HTML:
<xen:h1>{$thread.title}</xen:h1>

Replace with this:
HTML:
<xen:h1><a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">{$thread.title}</a></xen:h1>

This does exactly the same as clicking the thread creation date so it is a bit superfluous in that respect.

I posted is as a template modification also for future reference: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/change-thread-titles-in-thread-view-into-url-links.8585/

[edit]

I just found Brogan his other thread and was about to post it here :p Lol, I should have scrolled down.

I must be missing the point of the modification. Why have a link to the topic you are already in? Is this just to refresh the topic if there was a new post while you were reading other posts?

I must be missing the point of the modification. Why have a link to the topic you are already in?
To refresh the page, open in another window or to copy-n-paste.

When Xenforo gets Live Topics, the first reason will no longer be needed.

I get the page refresh reason.
The default link behaviour is "open in the same window", so it wouldn't open in a new window.
Copy-n-paste doesn't really require a refresh, but I can see wanting to refresh just in case of a content edit change by another poster.

Top Bottom