1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Make thread title a link to the thread itself

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Vladislav Rastrusny, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Vladislav Rastrusny

Vladislav Rastrusny Active Member

Currently we can get a link to a thread by right-clicking the date of it's creation below thread title. It looks a little bit strange to me that thread title itself is not a link, but thread starting date is.

Can you exchange things or additionally make thread title a link to the thread?

Digital Doctor likes this.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I know this is in suggestions but you can achieve this with a simple template edit.

Open the thread_view template.

Find this on the second line:
    Replace with this:
    <xen:h1><a href="{xen:link threads, $thread}">{$thread.title}</a></xen:h1>
    This does exactly the same as clicking the thread creation date so it is a bit superfluous in that respect.

I posted is as a template modification also for future reference: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/change-thread-titles-in-thread-view-into-url-links.8585/
  3. Floris

Floris Guest

I just found Brogan his other thread and was about to post it here :p Lol, I should have scrolled down.
  4. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

To be completely accurate, find this: <xen:h1>{xen:helper threadPrefix, $thread}{$thread.title}</xen:h1>

(Taken from the template modification)
  5. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

I must be missing the point of the modification. Why have a link to the topic you are already in? Is this just to refresh the topic if there was a new post while you were reading other posts?
  6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

To refresh the page, open in another window or to copy-n-paste.

When Xenforo gets Live Topics, the first reason will no longer be needed.
  7. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Not exactly convenient.
  8. Neil E.

Neil E. Active Member

I get the page refresh reason.
    The default link behaviour is "open in the same window", so it wouldn't open in a new window.
    Copy-n-paste doesn't really require a refresh, but I can see wanting to refresh just in case of a content edit change by another poster.
  9. Digital Doctor

The other reason is: most forums have this. So I look for it. I still look for it.
  10. Digital Doctor

11. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It's convenient for me and I use it very often. To each his own.