Not planned Make LIKE more prominent

Shanj

I quickly started to forget to use the LIKE link and I do think it's a good feature.
So I think it should be a lot more prominent or it'll fade away - unlesws people use it quite a bit it isn't going to be useful.

I don't have any creative ideas on HOW to make it prominent - bigger and over on the left?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I quickly started to forget to use the LIKE link and I do think it's a good feature.
So I think it should be a lot more prominent or it'll fade away - unlesws people use it quite a bit it isn't going to be useful.

I don't have any creative ideas on HOW to make it prominent - bigger and over on the left?
don't forget that we have 2 likes:
  1. one integrated directly in the forum platform
  2. one which is strictly related with our FB account
  • and one (to come) for twitter

Well the XF one is awfully unnoticeable.
perhaps you're right ... but i dunno how they can make it more 'prominent' ... the best way will be a 'thumbs' nearly the word ... but sounds too similar to FB ... you can't move it on the right part of the post, cause it goes aligned with the timestamp and edit/delete ... so i dunno.

Well the XF one is awfully unnoticeable.
I don't think it is. If that's the case, then the Report, Reply and post link would have to be claimed as unnoticable too and that no one really uses it.

Judging by how many people use the Reply and Like feature I don't think you can really say it's unnoticeable.

There is, yes :):

http://xenforo.com/community/thread...ent.1175/#post-36821

I don't quite understand why Reply is at the end of the list really. It think it is not right, but I explained everything in the above link.
I 'Liked' the first post in the link.

My ideal would be Like - reply - Report. That way people would be encouraged to Like more.

For many people, myself included, the natural way of doing things (especially using a mouse pad, not a mouse) is to go from the inside of the screen out.

But since my 'read post' to 'post' ratio is typically about 100:1, the actual order of the buttons is not that critical, especially since each of the links effectively has confirmation of action. Report brings up the report screen which can be quickly closed, the Like can be undone, and the Reply can be canceled (sorta).

I don't think it is. If that's the case, then the Report, Reply and post link would have to be claimed as unnoticable too and that no one really uses it.

Judging by how many people use the Reply and Like feature I don't think you can really say it's unnoticeable.
But he Reply link is NEC ESSARY and practical if you want to answer.
You can read a post and Reply to it without having anything to do with the Like link.

Which is what I realised I've beeen doing. I only used it again after several days because someone actually posted in saying - Don't forget to click Like on a thread that had quite a few approving posts but the idea had no Likes at the start.

It'#s perfectly possible to stay unaware that Like exists, or else use it a few times and then forget about it.
If it's just a bit of fun for those that CAN remember OK.
But if it heklps assess what people in a mass want it will have too patchy a use to be useful.

I'd almost think of having Like pop up in some way buit that seem s too gross. Too much the other way.
As I said I can't think of a solution (very tired from coping with a publisher deadline on a book) but maybe someone else can thin k of something.

I agree, it's just fine. It's right there .. next to reply. It's not like it's got its own spot and easy to overlook.

I agree, it's just fine. It's right there .. next to reply. It's not like it's got its own spot and easy to overlook.

That only brings Like to the attention if you are motivated to Reply.
Even then, it's very easy to just get involved in writing a Reply, just that.

Actually as I write this reply now I've just noticed there is a Like link at the bottom of the page. Never saw that before. But it's only for FB. I think it could be good to have a Like BUTTON with the Reply to Thread/ Upload a File ones. Then whichever post you Reply to it's much easier to register you Like it. Replying to it often means a positive interest.

But if you don't want to Reply there's no reason to look over on the right at the top The Like link being there doesn't help it get attention UNLESS you go to do a Reply. If you don't Reply you go skimming down the page or else click off to another page with nothing to remind you of the Like system.

Really I've often and often actually liked suggestions and ideas and continued on my way blissfully unaware/ not remembering the Like system.
If you say that "people will get used to it" no they won't. To get used to something it has to keep repeatedly coming into your awareness. You can'ty get used to something you're not aware of/ not remembering is there in the first place.

Remember most of the members here are pretty net savvy/ forum experienced/ and probably Facebook trained users. But many of OUR end users are none of those.

Oh YES that's neat. Except when I tried to click it it didn't click!
I expect it's not quite finished..

Um - I don't undedrstand ... where it says "Did you like my post? Then please Like it."
is that your sig or the forum adding it?

Top Bottom