XF 2.2 Major breakage . . . TWICE.

KensonPlays

So I rebuilt my XF on a subdomain, then changed the base URLs in ACP. Then moved to root. Twice.

It's completely broken my site both times. I am so ... irritated. I'm about to give up on running a website if a simple rebuild then moving to root breaks everything.

I don't know how to explain it in more detail than this. I am ....... ugh. I don't know how to fix this issue. I've wasted probably 12+ hours building these two installs.

It also breaks the custom styling and like makes the entire site zoomed in at 100%?
1688577650469.png

FLOODED with errors in error log simply by performing the steps provided in FAQ: https://xenforo.com/community/threads/frequently-asked-questions.5183/#post-180455
1688577842014.webp

Last edited:
That's something I wish others would take into practice, posting their solution so that if others come through they won't have to die by trial and error as well. No reason to gate keep.

That's great, I'm intrigued! Would you mind giving us just the gist of what fixed it?
That's something I wish others would take into practice, posting their solution so that if others come through they won't have to die by trial and error as well. No reason to gate keep.
It was a bit ... involved.

TLDR:
A database table was missing, and UI.X / Tactical theme from ThemeHouse was the big issue. Once the DB table was re-added and the style removed, it fixed everything pretty much.

Reactions: FTL
Good to know it wasn't a core XF issue.
Errors related to moving an installation are never a core XF issue.

It's always due to the process/server/some other external factor.

I have done hundreds of intra and inter server moves without a single issue.

Reactions: FTL
A database table was missing, and UI.X / Tactical theme from ThemeHouse was the big issue. Once the DB table was re-added and the style removed, it fixed everything pretty much.
Simply moving your site from a sub-domain (and presumably another directory) to the root should not have impacted the database. There are URL changes that have to be made (for frequently if you use full paths in your setup) and possibly config.php path entries.
I have a feeling there was something else involved in impacting it rather than the simple moving from a sub-domain to the root.
Permissions on directories have to be correct, and all files have to be copied over (notice I didn't say moved as with copying you have a backup in case something "goes wrong"). Once the site is confirmed to be working, then you can delete the old ones.

It was a bit ... involved.

TLDR:
I've never heard of any theme causing the issues you had or the removal of a database table before, so it is crazy to blame UI.X. If UI.X is somehow to blame, and not user error (which is more likely from the first few posts), you should report it to ThemeHouse so they can prevent it from happening to others.

Top Bottom