XF 1.4 Lot of forums and usergroups...

beduino

Hello,

I'm in a new project to build a forum with +/- 1500 forums and same number of usergroups.
Forum A - Staff A [only this staff and moderator A will can see the Forum A]
Forum B - Staff B [only this staff and moderator B will can see the Forum B] etc etc

Xenforo support this project?
all the best
joao barroca

Hello
My original intention was to build 1500 forums and use the masks access. If this is possible is a much better solution to me
Is possible?
Thank you in advance
I think what he meant was wonder about what are your intentions that require you to have 1500 different usergroups. I don't think that solution is elegant at all. The best you can do is create an addon which manages all those permissions better than usergroups. Imagine the nightmare if you want to change one single permission across 1500+ different user groups.

Aside from the usergroups, 1500 forums will cause performance issues in XF. The design of the Admin UI isn't really suitable for handling so many forums either. I'd be prepared to write some custom plugins to get around that.

Also, that doesn't just go for XF, I don't think any forum package will fit your use case without some major custom work.

Last edited:
Hello Julian
..... I don't think that solution is elegant at all. The best you can do is create an addon which manages all those permissions better than usergroups. Imagine the nightmare if you want to change one single permission across 1500+ different user groups.
You're totally right - I think about use access masks - I read in other topic I can manage access permissions in users basis.
I can do this? [using permissions similar access masks]
Thank you in advance

Top Bottom