Lost - TV on DVD

Kim

I just started watching the Lost TV series on DVD recently (I didn't watch them at the time in 2005 for reasons I won't go into) I had never seen a minute of it previously, but saw the Season 1 going relatively cheaply at a DVD store so grabbed it.

I really enjoyed Season 1, it was pretty good, so went back and bought Season 2, and it has LOST me... about on the 3rd disk and I am losing interest fast, can't see myself getting into it any more.

The whole notion of TV on DVD really appeals to me, as I cannot stand ads and hate having to wait for a whole week/year for that cliff hanger to be resolved!!! lol

I am currently awaiting Season 4 of Madmen on DVD which will be a while, as it is only showing here (Australia) starting tomorrow night - I can't decide if I should watch the first episode tomorrow or save all that goodness up for the DVD's

We watch a lot of TV on DVD.. how about you?

Why this evening will be sitting down to watch "Grand Designs" season 7
yes.gif

I love Netflix for that reason - you can watch something and see if you like it before you spring for the DVD set. I just finished Torchwood, and haven't decided yet what to look at next.

I watched the first season and it was great. Then the rest of the seasons slipped and i have not watched them. I want to watch it from the start all over again through the end.

I love Netflix for that reason - you can watch something and see if you like it before you spring for the DVD set. I just finished Torchwood, and haven't decided yet what to look at next.
I just wish Netflix would upload everything instead of swapping out items every once in a while. It gets really annoying when the first two season of a show are online, third one isn't, fourth is, and fifth isn't (or cases similar to that).

Generally I just wish they added things online over time and just kept them there.

I plan on watching Lost sometime soon. I remember watching the first and second season but then drifted off it when other things came up and just hadn't gotten back to it since then.

I don't think we have netflix here in Oz, and I wouldn't like to watch on my computer, but it is a great idea!!

Torchwood had some great production values, but I didn't like Capt Jack myself.

The Dr Whos have been great the last few years, not sure if I warm to the new Dr or not... I really like his companion Amy Pond though, she made the last season for me!!!

I watched the first season and it was great. Then the rest of the seasons slipped and i have not watched them. I want to watch it from the start all over again through the end.

yeah, I was pretty disappointed in how Lost went downhill from the first series, half way through the second season, and I just realised I don't care about ANY of the characters at all :yawn:

Assume you have watched seasons 1 and 2 plus "Children of Earth"?

Have you watched the new Dr Who seasons?

Assume you have watched seasons 1 and 2 plus "Children of Earth"?

Have you watched the new Dr Who seasons?

I've watched S1, S2 and Children of Earth. I haven't watched Dr. Who in ages, but since that's where the spinoff originated I'm going to check that out next.

Vilandra - coincidentally someone mentioned Being Human to me earlier today, so that's two recommendations - I'll definitely check that out too.

Onimua - yeah that irritates me about Netflix too, but I suppose they're at the mercy of whoever owns the rights to the show.

I really enjoyed Season 1, it was pretty good, so went back and bought Season 2, and it has LOST me... about on the 3rd disk and I am losing interest fast, can't see myself getting into it any more.
Lost gets really weird, but I guess it also ties itself off towards the end. It's probably beneficial to read the "Lostpedia" wiki page of each episode after watching it. I found that I understood it a lot more.

Hi Dismounted, thanks for that, I am sure it would make it easier to understand, I don't think I am sufficiently motivated enough to worry about it, but in all honesty, I don't really like any of the Characters enough to bother :p

LOST is one of the best shows every to appear on television. If you haven't watched it, you're missing out. It's a shame that you're losing interest... By season 2 I was hooked. I started watching it from the beginning (using Netflix) when it was towards the end of Season 5. I was so hooked I would literally watch like 3-4 episodes in one sitting. Got to the end of Season 5, and then watched Season 6 as it appeared on TV. The ending didn't completely satisfy me, but they had to tie it up somehow.

But seriously, best. show. ever. :D

The ending didn't completely satisfy me, but they had to tie it up somehow.

(Okay, stop reading now Dragonfly - I don't see a spoiler tag on here.)

I think it was a whole different experience if you had to suffer through it live. All the filler episodes, the endless hiatuses, the writers' strike, the move to shorter seasons... after all that hell, I wanted more of a payoff. I envy anyone who gets to watch it at their own pace on Netflix. I'd probably be less bitter about it if that's how I watched it.

I think it was a whole different experience if you had to suffer through it live. All the filler episodes, the endless hiatuses, the writers' strike, the move to shorter seasons... after all that hell, I wanted more of a payoff. I envy anyone who gets to watch it at their own pace on Netflix. I'd probably be less bitter about it if that's how I watched it.
I watched it mostly on live TV. Also meant that I was behind a lot of the time (since I'm in Australia).

I've watched S1, S2 and Children of Earth. I haven't watched Dr. Who in ages, but since that's where the spinoff originated I'm going to check that out next.

Vilandra - coincidentally someone mentioned Being Human to me earlier today, so that's two recommendations - I'll definitely check that out too.

Onimua - yeah that irritates me about Netflix too, but I suppose they're at the mercy of whoever owns the rights to the show.

Another one I guess to check out would be "Sanctuary". I wasn't that fussed about it but another reviewer down here loved it. Also there's an ITV show called "Primeval" that rocks, except season 2.

Sorry, I mis-read you -- I thought you were Netflixing it previous to S5 and watching live after S5.
That was me. :p And yeah, the filler episodes during season 6 kind of started to piss me off. I'm sure there was lots of filler in earlier seasons, but I didn't really notice it because I would just watch it and move on to the next episode. No frustrating week-long waits. :D

Thankfully, Richard's episode in season 6 was probably one of the best, if not the best, episode in the entire series. :)

(Oops - sorry!)

No frustrating week-long waits. :D

Sometimes it wasn't week-long, it was weeks. (S1 and 2) And then they cut back on the number of episodes and aired the seasons nine months apart. So yeah - waaaaay less frustrating if you can choose to watch them whenever you like! :)

Top Bottom