XF 1.4 Lost posts

No either admin is not possible to see them. I have some Error Log and i thing those are related with some images upload through the upload file option. I have error logs only fot those pictures, not for them that are attached through an image host provider.
I give you some examples of error logs....

Server Error Log
Error Info
Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception: User huntersl_swadmin already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections -library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:333
Generated By: Unknown Account, 24 Μαϊου 2015
Stack Trace
#0 /home/huntersl/public_html/forums/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(315): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect()
#1 /home/huntersl/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Application.php(727): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->getConnection()
#2 [internal function]: XenForo_Application->loadDb(Object(Zend_Config))
#3 /home/huntersl/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Application.php(968): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#4 /home/huntersl/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Application.php(999): XenForo_Application->lazyLoad('db', NULL)
#5 /home/huntersl/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Application.php(1569): XenForo_Application::get('db')
#6 /home/huntersl/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model.php(161): XenForo_Application::getDb()
#7 /home/huntersl/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(138): XenForo_Model->_getDb()
#8 /home/huntersl/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php(97): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->_getMultiFromDb(Array)
#9 /home/huntersl/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/Dependencies/Abstract.php(147): XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->getMulti(Array)
#10 /home/huntersl/public_html/forums/library/XenForo/FrontController.php(127): XenForo_Dependencies_Abstract->preLoadData()
#11 /home/huntersl/public_html/forums/index.php(13): XenForo_FrontController->run()
#12 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(62) "http://www.hunterslife.gr/forums/attachments/dsc04993-jpg.463/"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(0) {
}
}

That error means the maximum number of database connections has been reached. If it occured when making a post, then the data would not have been saved and the user may not be aware their post was not successful. Could this explain why they think a post has gone missing?

I just informed something new that might gives you any idea about the problem of lost posts. Users that watching a thread say that they are getting informed with email for a new post but when they go into forum, they do not see the specific post.

Any email should contain the text of the new post and who posted it. From that you can check with that user if they did post something and if they deleted the post (though you should really have checked the user and moderator change logs already for evidence of deletion.

Beyond this it's as Brogan has already said, it is either an add-on or it is server related (possibly due to roll backs).

Also as has been pointed out to you already, you need to change web hosts if they won't raise the limit on max_user_connections.

I allready check that and seems no deletion to happened even from post author or moderators. I will ask from users to forward those mails to see those posts.
Addons was working perfect, i did not install anything new till a mounth. I do not see the reason for roll back to happened.
Host answered at the past that is not possible to increase this option due to some ballance reason. They proposed to migrate into a higher resourses packet. I am waiting to answer how much would be the cost. They got ungry when i said that there is a problem with the server and i didn't want that. I only want to have my users huppy.

Well as has already been said, there's nothing in the core software that would cause posts to just disappear (if it was a core issue there'd be other reports of this and there aren't). If no-one is deleting these posts then is can only be an issue with an add-on or the server (oh and don't just assume that because you've not installed anything recently that it's not add-on related, it could be an existing add-on that's just started to cause issues).

Anyway, good luck in tracking down and resolving the issue.

You are very clear, thank you very much. The host said that they increased the max user connection for a little bit but this will not solve the problem. They say that can not increase this parameter too much because this would cause issues with the other sites that are hosted in the specific server. They suggest to move the forum in a cloud server but this increasing the cost extremely.
I think i have to contact with other host that be proposed by Rob upper ... (n)

After my recently forum migration to a new host due to "max users connection" problem that i had to the old host and the non affordable price he suggested for moving into a higher resources server , i have some new problems with several interruptions. When these interruptions are occurred it is appearing the message "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later."

The truth is, that in the new host, the forum seems to perform faster than previous and the old "max user connection" server error is not appearing any more. Although, sometimes a new server error is appearing which is "too many connections" .

I want to ask you if this new server error is caused due to an unstable server connection or is an issue of customization. Please consider that the forum is running at Europe (Greece .gr) and the server is at U.S as i know. A server allocated at Europe could it be possible to solve the problem? And something else, are those new problems possible to happen because i still run the 1.4.3. version?

If you get the unexpected DB error message, view the page source for a more specific message.

If it's the "too many connections" error you mentioned, that's again a server limit. This time, it's not a per user limit but a global server limit. (And thus may be caused by others on the same server.)

If you get the unexpected DB error message, view the page source for a more specific message.
Thanks, what do you mean by page source? The URL ?

If it's the "too many connections" error you mentioned, that's again a server limit. This time, it's not a per user limit but a global server limit. (And thus may be caused by others on the same server.)
Could this be caused if some other customers upgade to 1.5.x or this is irrelevant?

Top Bottom