XF 1.4 Lost posts

There isn't really a way to know. It's just any DB error that happens at certain times in the page loading process. It's likely an issue with the server and out of your control though.

There isn't really a way to know. It's just any DB error that happens at certain times in the page loading process. It's likely an issue with the server and out of your control though.

He is the only person it is happening to on the server though which is odd. Which leads me to be leave it's an addon or the fact he is using a older version of xenForo, 1.4.3

Unfortunately, after two days of good performance, before two hours i had the same :cry:
"An unknown DB error ... etc" with right click at source page the logo was "too many connections" and also the admin cp was full of "too many connections".
Please, guys help .... :(

Unfortunately, after two days of good performance, before two hours i had the same :cry:
"An unknown DB error ... etc" with right click at source page the logo was "too many connections" and also the admin cp was full of "too many connections".
Please, guys help .... :(

This was unrelated to your site. The server was under a mass DDoS attack, the attack has now been mitigated, the attacked IP nulled and then removed from our server.

All those unrelated coincidences produce the same alarms? DB error and too many connections? :whistle: The problem seems to appear the same time of 24h. For us in Greece every afternoon.

All those unrelated coincidences produce the same alarms? DB error and too many connections? :whistle: The problem seems to appear the same time of 24h. For us in Greece every afternoon.

This is the 1st time it's been server wide, and the 1st issue the server has had a server wide issue for months. As we already discussed, your other issues were only to your site, no one else on the server was having the same issues. Also do remember you are running an outdated version of xenForo and several updated add-ons so some code has deprecated with newer versions of PHP which could very likely be the issue of your performance issues.

Ok Mike, i know already your point coming out from our private conversations. I write here for ask an opinion for the experts of Xenforo. A week before migration i was running the same old version of xenforo and i did not have those problem. Anyway, if someone could help me or Mike for server customization, i will give anything he ask about credentials to help solve the problem .

Anyway, if someone could help me or Mike for server customization, i will give anything he ask about credentials to help solve the problem .

Sorry, but I don't need help with customizing my servers. Servers are running fine. Today was an isolated issue due to DDoS that was large enough to penetrate though our filtering. Other issues, as we both know are related to only your account and I have given you advice on what is required to fix it. I also strongly recommend against offering your account credentials to just random people on a forum as that would give them full access to your account. I also just checked your site and there hasn't been any further errors in your ACP since the DDoS was resolved.

It's because your site was under a major DDOS attack and your dedicated IP was nulled as of the result. Once the attack is fully mitigated it will be un-nulled. Not sure why you didn't just contact me rather then posting here.. I also sent both you and diomilesis a e-mail notifing you of the attack about 90 minutes ago.

Your answer was that....

Due to an inbound DDOS attack exceeding 10gbps, the domain associated with your server - hunterslife.gr has been null routed. This was necessary to protect our network from the attack, and to minimize the impact to other customers. Null routes are typically removed within one hour. The nulled domain will be inaccessible until this null route has been removed.

The company that provides me the domain says to contact with my host. Could the company that provides me the domain is related with this problem ? My colleague had contact with you and you answer the upper message. I think i have the right to ask anything i want to collect any useful information by anyone that wants to help. If i violate any community rule i am willing to apologize.

I only want to know, who is responsible for this.

In order to learn from all these, could you attach any link that explains how a domain could be responsible for a dDOS attack? I read that dDOS attacks happens to servers. How this could be my mistake?

In order to learn from all these, could you attach any link that explains how a domain could be responsible for a dDOS attack? I read that dDOS attacks happens to servers. How this could be my mistake?
It was YOUR SITE that was under attack (the IP that is assigned to it). NOT your domain that was PERFORMING the attack.
Either your site (someone on it - usually a moderator or admin) pissed a script kiddie off, or you just happened to be a recipient of a decent sized attack for "unknown" reasons.

If the site is on a shared hosting IP (where several share one IP - which is normal) then someone else suffered that and your down time was a by-product.

This was unrelated to your site. The server was under a mass DDoS attack, the attack has now been mitigated, the attacked IP nulled and then removed from our server.

It's because your site was under a major DDOS attack and your dedicated IP was nulled as of the result.

It was YOUR SITE that was under attack (the IP that is assigned to it).

Ok, i accept every opinion. Do you have any xenforo forum and who is your host?

Ok, i accept every opinion. Do you have any xenforo forum and who is your host?
If you are asking me, I have 2 XenForo forums, 1 myBB forum, 1 IPS (if they will ever get off their ass and get their converters done) and 4 WP sites. And I have a dedicated server that I manage myself (other than network related stuff).

Top Bottom