XF 1.2 Lost everything

ineedhelp

I clicked on Begin Installation, but it didn't do anything for about a minute, no signs of the browser doing anything. So I decided to refresh the page...I clicked on Begin Installation again. This time it instantly said installation complete.

Seemed weird that it upgraded to 1.2 so quick... All seemed fine, but then I noticed the profile pages were broken and not showing the new layout. I figured the upgrade didn't complete. So I went back to the install url and it told me to delete install-lock.php in order to do a fresh install. There was no warning message telling me that deleting that file from my server will wipeout my forum.. I deleted it... But this deleted everything... posts, add ons, users etc. :mad:

Luckily, i was installing it on my test site. NOT my main site !

Anyone else had this issue?

IF this happens again when installing it on my main site... Is there anyway to fix a bad install without risking deleting everything?

I'm still backing up my server files....... But does anyone know what the "core.xxxx" files in the root dir are? I have quite a lot of them. Never used to have them.... I noticed them today but they've been there since mid May I think.

Upgraded to Beta 3….. Tagging still doesn't work. :confused:

No addons installed. A few that were, have also been uninstalled (not server files, just .xml files).

Any solution?

Do you mean here or on your own site?
Your previous posts seemed to suggest it was on this site yet your latest post indicates it is on your own site.

DAMN!!!!!!!!

Upgrade Errors
Uh oh, your upgrade to 1.2.0 Beta 3 has failed!

The following elements of the database are incorrect:

• Column xf_forum.allowed_watch_notifications missing.
  • Column xf_forum.default_sort_order missing.
  • Column xf_forum.default_sort_direction missing.
This is likely caused by an add-on conflict. You may need to restore a backup, remove the offending add-on data from the database, and retry the upgrade. Contact support if you are not sure how to proceed.

Now I'm really stuck! Is there an easier solution without going into the database?

Top Bottom