1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lost an Admin Templates - How do I get it back?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by jondoe0069, Mar 10, 2011.

1. jondoe0069

jondoe0069 Member

I was installing an addon I had custom built that required me to manually add a line to the user_group_edit admin template and after I saved it, the user_group_edit template went missing.

Is there any easy way to restore it?

I'm not sure if any of this info matters, but...

The line added was as follows:

<xen:textboxunit label="Email string match:" name="strings" value="{$userGroup.strings}" rows="2" inputclass="Elastic" />

I made the mistake of installing the addon before I added the line to the user_group_edit template and when I saved the template, I saved it after clicking the drop down box and selecting the addon name (probably a mistake).

Thanks for your help!!

2. jondoe0069

jondoe0069 Member

Oh, looks like it's gone from the DB. It looks like it's template_id 1037. Is there a quick way for me to get the content of the template without creating another install and looking in the database for it?

I don't mind manually adding it back to the database.

Let me know. Otherwise, I will just create a test install to get it.

3. Shadab

Shadab Well-Known Member

Go to your installation page (<xf-root-directory>/install/).
    Login, if necessary.

There would be an option to "Rebuild Master Data". That would re-import all the core xenforo data.

4. jondoe0069

jondoe0069 Member

Got it. Sweet! Thanks!!