Lord Stanley

Digital Doctor

Lord Stanley, Lord Stanley ...
Bring me the Brandy !

Tonight !!
ImageShrinker

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
LOL.

Is this some kind of inside joke?
I don't get it :oops:

Stanley Cup finals for the NHL (National Hockey League). Boston vs Vancouver. Was game 6 last night. Vancouver was leading the best of 7 series 3-2. Boston won last night forcing a game 7.

The Winner of the Series receives a rather large trophy dubbed "Lord Stanley's Cup"

Stanley Cup finals for the NHL (National Hockey League). Boston vs Vancouver. Was game 6 last night. Vancouver was leading the best of 7 series 3-2. Boston won last night forcing a game 7.
Oh I see ice hockey is not a "pop" sport over here.. Its just football, football, football, :)

I'm sorry for you. :)
Unfortunately, he games don't start until between midnight and 3 AM, depending on where the game is. I used to watch some Flyers games when I had a subscription to a channel that ran hockey, but I haven't really done much recently. Hockey really benefits from a good picture, so streaming isn't really a great option anyway.

That's for sure. I upgraded to HD just for hockey alone.
If you know the game, you can likely follow the action based around the players movements... however, trying to teach someone about hockey with a low quality/choppy picture is a whole different ballgame (heh).

If you know the game, you can likely follow the action based around the players movements... however, trying to teach someone about hockey with a low quality/choppy picture is a whole different ballgame (heh).

oh so true! It is so much better to take a person to a live game so that they can see the entire playing surface (to include the both benches) all at the same time. TV just doesn't show all the vital bench changes (from Offense to Defense) and unless you really understand that, you miss it by watching it on TV (which is why a lot of people just don't "get" hockey).

Unfortunately, he games don't start until between midnight and 3 AM, depending on where the game is. I used to watch some Flyers games when I had a subscription to a channel that ran hockey, but I haven't really done much recently. Hockey really benefits from a good picture, so streaming isn't really a great option anyway.
So very true. Hockey was made for HDTV and it is awesome. Try following a puck watching streamed video... rumor has it from my friends that it only gets easier when you're drunk.

oh so true! It is so much better to take a person to a live game so that they can see the entire playing surface (to include the both benches) all at the same time. TV just doesn't show all the vital bench changes (from Offense to Defense) and unless you really understand that, you miss it by watching it on TV (which is why a lot of people just don't "get" hockey).
Plus, watching the fights live is so much better. I don't like sports generally, but I'll go to a hockey game. :whistle:

Plus, watching the fights live is so much better. I don't like sports generally, but I'll go to a hockey game. :whistle:

yup and when sitting close the the glass and having that puck come straight at ya thinkin its gunna bust through or players slamming into it right in front of ya. The Atmosphere of the home crowd after a goal.. so much better live. Do you go to the Red Hawks games or drive up to Tampa to see the Lightning?

yup and when sitting close the the glass and having that puck come straight at ya thinkin its gunna bust through or players slamming into it right in front of ya. The Atmosphere of the home crowd after a goal.. so much better live. Do you go to the Red Hawks games or drive up to Tampa to see the Lightning?
No, I don't get that close either. I'm afraid of pucks coming at me that fast, with or without the protection. :ROFLMAO: I usually sit up high.

Neither, I don't really make any actual effort to go, just when I happen to come across someone I know who can't go for whatever reason and I take their spot, or have spares, etc. :p Don't really care about teams either.

No, I don't get that close either. I'm afraid of pucks coming at me that fast, with or without the protection. :ROFLMAO: I usually sit up high.

Neither, I don't really make any actual effort to go, just when I happen to come across someone I know who can't go for whatever reason and I take their spot, or have spares, etc. :p Don't really care about teams either.

lol... then you'd prolly really freakout standing next to the fence at Daytona Speedway :P

Top Bottom