Lord Stanley

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Good Luck tonight Luongo.
You'll be the hero or the heel.

http://www.forumvancouver.com/threa...own-after-canucks-lose-stanley-cup-2011.1305/

0601511riots014.sjpg_900_540_0_95_1_50_50.sjpg

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediacenter/2011/06/riots-in-vancouver-after-stanley-cup-loss/

Oh, I see, that was in Canada?

I thought Canadians where more level headed than Americans. I guess the insanity is spreading around all urban areas.

Wasn't really a riot.
One punk sets a car on fire.
Everyone stands around.

Good game Boston.
Goalie Tim Thomas played extremely well under pressure.

People just wanted an excuse to riot, win or lose they would have done it anyway. It started with a small group, but then a bunch of drunk fans joined in on the mayhem. Downtown Vancouver was a mess, but social media has brought citizens together to clean up this morning.

This was an even more painful loss than 1994. That series against the Rangers was perhaps the most exciting I've witnessed in memory. With Pavel Bure racing end to end, Trevor Linden providing his usual crafty moves... that series deserved to go seven and each team was totally spent. This one... the Canucks had the Bruins on edge. I always wonder about whether one play can really turn a series around but that ridiculous hit by Rome and then the endless attempts at rationalizing why it was legitimate, etc. Boston and Vancouver almost played like different teams for the next few games. While sometimes it's just luck/fortune that the puck goes into the net and sometimes it doesn't, the Canucks had a great first period but didn't really impress the final two periods. Almost listless at times and their defensemen looked tired and ragged. Go figure. Still a great series to watch and kudos to the Bruins. Like him or not, Tim Thomas is really a class act and was a great post game interview.

Top Bottom