Looking for logo critique

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to use these mock-ups to make some new logos tonight; I'll keep you posted! Thanks again for all of your input. :)

I'm going to try some of the other ideas here over the weekend (as in, I'm unlikely to use this one), but I wanted to simplify/tweak this version first just to throw it out here.
Voice Logo 9.webp
Does it look light to anyone else (and too small...I just didn't fix that before uploading)? Darker gray, perhaps? Also, would adding a pink-lemonade-ish color in the logo (or the theme that will complement it; inspiration from Zune's logo and color scheme) be odd?

This new one looks too light to me, but then it depends on what colour page you're having it (ie. on a black screen it would look good).

Have you considered stretching the bubble vertically, so it becomes more O shaped, maybe dropping the tail down below the text line so it appears to be coming from "Internet Radio"?

This new one looks too light to me, but then it depends on what colour page you're having it (ie. on a black screen it would look good).

Have you considered stretching the bubble vertically, so it becomes more O shaped, maybe dropping the tail down below the text line so it appears to be coming from "Internet Radio"?
Neat idea. I made that change and chose a darker gray (including on the bubble's stroke):
Voice Logo 9.webp
(whoa, cool; new option to "Insert every image as a thumbnail/full image" on XF)

Trombones need background info on the site, the logo should match what you are doing.

1. Is it retro, the current logo you posted gives me a retro feel for some reason.

2. Music type, clearly a trance orientated station is going to look different to a heavy metal one.

3. What's the purpose of site in overall terms, what do I get as a visitor?

Trombones need background info on the site, the logo should match what you are doing.

1. Is it retro, the current logo you posted gives me a retro feel for some reason.

2. Music type, clearly a trance orientated station is going to look different to a heavy metal one.

3. What's the purpose of site in overall terms, what do I get as a visitor?
Sure:
1. No; in fact, it should be modern and have somewhat of a social feel. haha I kinda see what you mean with the "retro" feel...argh, fonts... haha
2. Variety, but it would be closest to the Hot AC and CHR radio genres. I plan on centering the station (through the forum) on allowing users to "control" what's being played more than just with song requests: song/artist ratings, suggestions for new artists, etc.
3. In addition to the radio station (which I hope to have embedded in the header or footer of the page and make it play while you browse...need to research that first), the site will include discussion on music/artists, requests, personal charts (hoping to use a forms add-on to make that quickly possible), song ratings, personal favorite artists, etc. Some of that isn't possible yet, however, until add-ons are coded.

Playing with some fonts, and this one has the face with speech bubble around "Internet Radio:"

Voice Logo 10 Nevis.webp Voice Logo 10 Museo.webp Voice Logo 10 Hara.webp Voice Logo 10 DF.webp Voice Logo 10 Del.webp Voice Logo 10 Anja.webp
The second image is the original font and the third is the second one used. #6 has some weird issue with the linked offset and the interior of the a/d/o in "Radio..."

Trombones to be honest are your last set of versions you're at the right concept I feel but it's delivered in a bad manner. Currently the only way I feel those logo's would stand out on a page is if it's completely white with light grey text. I say ditch the colors, or brighten it up a bit.

But... good work :)

Trombones to be honest are your last set of versions you're at the right concept I feel but it's delivered in a bad manner. Currently the only way I feel those logo's would stand out on a page is if it's completely white with light grey text. I say ditch the colors, or brighten it up a bit.

But... good work :)
All righty. I'm going to try something else tonight, and I'm ditching the linked offsets (the big stroke things). I like the mock-ups already posted (you guys are so much better at this than I am, hahaha), but I thought of one other idea.

Since it's been brought up a couple of times: what do you look for in a "clean" or nicely-structured logo, if anything in particular?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom