No need to be deemed a professional of any sort, anyone can submit an entry. This is for mostly fun... a little prize... and just to help me fill a "need"...
I know it's not giving a LARGE prize, but am offering a $25 iTunes electronic gift card to the winner. I am doing this here because I would like a logo, and while the prize is not large, hoping to get some good old fashioned friendly competition going. Please no one post their entries in this thread, only email them to me, and be sure to put your USERNAME and REAL name in the entry. Of course any questions can be replied here, and/or if you just want to announce you are participating and maybe get some fun competitive jargon going! Here are the rules and what I want:
- I want something that can REPRESENT my forum and not only be it's header, but it's logo.
- A little about my forum - I run a not-for-profit forum for people living with any form of a neuromuscular disease can discuss issues, ask advice, find helpful resources, have fun, and just have a place to discuss with "like" people that understand what they may be going through. My goal is for us to grow our membership, have a safe and very secure place to talk about nearly every topic that can be thought of. The discussions do not have to be solely just focused on the disabilities one may have. There is a category for just about anything, from every day chat, to medical categories, to sexuality, to government benefits, to growing our own personal Wiki to create a large resource filled area. THOUSANDS of people out there have forms of a neuromuscular disease. An umbrella it is typically under is Muscular Dystrophy. A well-known type of NMD is ALS (or also called Lou Gherig's disease). Babies are born with NMDs every second, most don't live to be past toddler age. All depending on type, rate of progression, when diagnosed/onset. Like I was diagnosed at 18mos. old, told wouldn't live past 4 years old, and am 35. Then some people don't have onset until adults (ALS). A lot of people are also familiar with the term "Jerry's Kids" from when Jerry Lewis did the labor day MDA telethon for 30+ years. So reaching out to adults with NMDs is our #1 goal. There are many of us out there, most told wouldn't live past childhood, and some did not. My forum is open to 13+
- Prefer transparent BG ... but am open if a logo looks awesome.
- It can have images or other graphic design mixed, but kept at a minimum. The text is more important than any other style elements added.
- It HAS to say exactly like it is written above: No Muscles? No Limits! where your neuromuscular disease doesn't define you (all in lower case - unless doing it in different case would make the particular font/design look better)
- Color palette does NOT have to be what the current logo is like (it was thrown together as a temporary logo anyway). Keeping in mind the forum will likely be staying permanently with the default colors. Logo can be designed accordingly, and/or not necessarily "match" but just am looking for a unique design, and maybe even one that could be used with other color palattes. I want this to be representative of us and our LOGO! In other words, no color prefs really... just cohesive design that could possibly move with us if we did change color palattes ever in future.
- Would love to also have an Avatar sized logo to be used on social media. But that is not required to enter contest.
- There will be a poll created here and on my forum and the most votes will win. But I still trump overall in finalizing the winner. No favoritism will be shown!!
- This contest will be open for 2 weeks. (Starting today, August 11, 2013 - Ending August 25, 2013)
- Should there be a tie... then I will make the ultimate decision.
- Max size should be 1020 x 130 - Anything in between that will be fine. Design can be made to be centered or left aligned. Doesn't matter.
- The designer will need to be willing to make SMALL tweak requests if needed (ie: make font one step bigger... etc. -- nothing that would be major to the overall design and cause the entire design to shift)
- There will need to be 5 or more participants for the contest to be valid.
- Please e-mail your designs to: email@example.com