Looking for host suggestions

sophie1204

I think I'm ready for a change, but there's so much information out there it's making my head spin! Can anyone help me find a new server?

I'm not particularly computer savvy, so I need a host that will keep my site up and running, without me doing much. Sort of a turn key operation. I need hourly back ups, very high speed, high security, no downtime, 24/7 support, fast and excellent customer service, and someone who can communicate with in conversational English instead of computer geek. (I don't understand a lot of technical jargon.)

My site has 3,300 members. I can have 50 users on line and a few hundred guests at the same time. And according to forum stats, right now it has 207,000 messages and more than 14,000 discussions.

Right now I'm on a shared server, using about 9500 MB of bandwidth.

Anyone have any suggestions?

These are the ones I typically recommend to people.

* Current approved list
**Exploratory list
*I've used them, tested them, and would recommend them.

** I'm exploring their services now and will report back at a later time

Of those on that list... The two which will do the most work for you... ie... Hold your hand sort of speak... Would be
These fit your requirements the most, based on what you are looking for.

Thanks!

I'm in the US, so I think I'd like a US provider.

Anyone have any suggestions, based on experience?
webhostingtalk.com

Total Threads: 1,072,090
Total Posts: 7,616,279
Registered Members: 332,532

And all they ever do is talk about web hosting. Both host, customers, and people such as yourself who are looking. With this said, https://my.hawkhost.com/aff.php?aff=1096 comes highly recommend by a lot of people. You can search webhostingtalk.com to confirm

We currently use them for several side projects, including testing. Mostly because at a click of button I can switch between php 5.3 and php 5.4 as many times as I like. So it makes it easy to test things for development.

I personally would recommend php 5.4 if nothing you're using conflicts with it. But if does, switching to php 5.3 is as easy as clicking a button.... No worries or loss of data.

Two high quality US managed options are Storm on Demand and WiredTree. I've used both in the past and have no problem recommending either.

Storm on Demand looks interesting, but probably a bit out of my technical ability. It seems like you need a lot of knowledge to deal with them, which I don't have.

give this company a try. i am sure you will like them o_O . there live chat representative are always available. and they have 4 hours hardware replacement guarantee which i think is Unmatchable .

I had MDD years ago and not sure if changed anything but anything shared hosting was terrible. I had a VPS. Oversold the resources. Just my 2 cents.

I think I'm ready for a change, but there's so much information out there it's making my head spin! Can anyone help me find a new server?

I'm not particularly computer savvy, so I need a host that will keep my site up and running, without me doing much. Sort of a turn key operation. I need hourly back ups, very high speed, high security, no downtime, 24/7 support, fast and excellent customer service, and someone who can communicate with in conversational English instead of computer geek. (I don't understand a lot of technical jargon.)

My site has 3,300 members. I can have 50 users on line and a few hundred guests at the same time. And according to forum stats, right now it has 207,000 messages and more than 14,000 discussions.

Right now I'm on a shared server, using about 9500 MB of bandwidth.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Nimbus cover all those. We have just switched and the whole process was absolutely painless and they even managed to solve a couple of non hosting issues we were having. We are a very similar size to you, and were moving from shared to their package. I have just posted a review here: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/just-switched-hosts-nimbus.38533/

Been a long time customer of Barrett Networks. Outstanding speed, uptime, support, and overall favorite host I have ever had.

http://barrettnetworks.com

I have negotiated a great discount to my friends of xenforo

Use promo code : xenforo30

This will give you a one time 30% discount

You can choose monthly or annual and still get the full 30% off

They seem a bit outdated as far as equipment is concerned. And high considering what they are offering. That is just an opinion but a lot can be had for the money they are asking for some old tech.

I didn't know people were still running those old amd dual cores. I recycled an old fx62 about 6 months ago when I couldn't find any good reason to keep it. Tech has leaped so far forward seemed silly to own a walkman in a ipod era

They seem a bit outdated as far as equipment is concerned. And high considering what they are offering. That is just an opinion but a lot can be had for the money they are asking for some old tech.
They are more money than others.
I'm paying for customer service. They have called me when there was unusual activity and I have called them on more than one occasion.
I like the fact that a person picks up the phone. I'll gladly pay a little more money for that kind of service. Just my opinion.

There are thousands of thousands of choices out there. Every host is good up until the first time they f' up.

They are more money than others.
I'm paying for customer service. They have called me when there was unusual activity and I have called them on more than one occasion.
I like the fact that a person picks up the phone. I'll gladly pay a little more money for that kind of service. Just my opinion.

There are thousands of thousands of choices out there. Every host is good up until the first time they f' up.
Exact same reasons I've been with RWH for 8+ years. The service is great when you have a major problem and I'm happy to pay for this type of service.

Understood.. I understand the service value and that is why I ended up at barrett. I went through about 4 or 5 before choosing them. I get top notch service and guess just spoiled with more up to date gear. I am not trying to get anyone to change or jump hosts. Just offering a great option if someone is in the market.

Top Bottom