Looking for a new host solid with optimizing xF

but considering Ngnix simply as LS is falling behind in technology, PHP5.4.11 with PerconaSQL 5.5 on a 1Gbps port. Please do let me know if you require further info.

I'm an Nginx and Percona fan, and would consider moving with this combination. Do/Will you do plans larger than Xtreme? I would be in the next (or next+1) category up.

I'm an Nginx and Percona fan, and would consider moving with this combination. Do/Will you do plans larger than Xtreme? I would be in the next (or next+1) category up.

Yes, we have a few that I have created custom packages for as their sites were a bit too large for our Xtreme, would be happy to discuss that with you either via PM or drop by my site and hit me up on live chat.

Due to how fast we are growing, I will be adding another server today, based on all the input, this one will be the same config with the exception that it will be Nginx with SPDY instead of LiteSpeed giving now your choice of Nginx, LiteSpeed or wtf is that just host my site :)

Heeeh... not to be a downer, but unless your running a particularly large (eg dedicated server) size site.. XenForo is going to run blisteringly fast on a humble apache mysql setup.

What sort of mileage do you get from your servers Mike?

Eg quad core 2.5ghz and 8gb ram = 15 sites with 30 concurrent users on each

Heeeh... not to be a downer, but unless your running a particularly large (eg dedicated server) size site.. XenForo is going to run blisteringly fast on a humble apache mysql setup.

What sort of mileage do you get from your servers Mike?

Eg quad core 2.5ghz and 8gb ram = 15 sites with 30 concurrent users on each

16 x 3.60ghz and 64gb ram..

ram averages around 32% and loads between 1.7 to 4.0 which is low being 16 cores and cPanel doesn't adjust accordingly

Hosting on that box http://turbobuick.com/forums/ 5 others with 200+ online and 500k+ posts and a bunch of smaller forums. hehe, to do that on vB4 you'd need several servers :P

Yes, we have a few that I have created custom packages for as their sites were a bit too large for our Xtreme, would be happy to discuss that with you either via PM or drop by my site and hit me up on live chat.

Due to how fast we are growing, I will be adding another server today, based on all the input, this one will be the same config with the exception that it will be Nginx with SPDY instead of LiteSpeed giving now your choice of Nginx, LiteSpeed or wtf is that just host my site :)

We're in the process of moving our whole operation to Mike. Our big board got moved yesterday and has been more or less smooth sailing. Some users have reported a couple of out of memory errors but its been few and far between.

We have a couple of smaller forums we're moving over as well. Ive been very pleased dealing with Mike. Things have gone off without a hitch. If you're looking for solid hosting, Mike seems to be a great solution.

We're in the process of moving our whole operation to Mike. Our big board got moved yesterday and has been more or less smooth sailing. Some users have reported a couple of out of memory errors but its been few and far between.

We have a couple of smaller forums we're moving over as well. Ive been very pleased dealing with Mike. Things have gone off without a hitch. If you're looking for solid hosting, Mike seems to be a great solution.

Hopefully Mike can keep this server in better condition than your last host ;)

Agree somewhat, xF is very fast using Apache with fast cgi, but I found LiteSpeed and Nginx to both still be even faster under fast cgi and a slight lighter load.

If people are willing to fork out for litespeed, or happy configuring NginX then by all means, go for it, just saying, I find the request for "Xf optimised hosts" strange unless your looking at a forum with hundreds of thousands of posts and a lot of simultanious users :)

I find the request for "Xf optimised hosts" strange unless your looking at a forum with hundreds of thousands of posts and a lot of simultanious users :)

That is our main focus, as said even though we have many smaller forums we also have several with 500k+ posts and a few over the million mark. Even a forum with a lower post count and say 150 online including guests is going to suck at places like godaddy or hostgator do to the lack of any sort of optimize, so unsure why you find it strange even that level of a site would seek it.. Try it on Hostgator and let us know how it goes ;)

Hopefully Mike can keep this server in better condition than your last host ;)

I sure hope so. They really didnt know what to make of it when I called them out on that. That was part of our hosting agreement.

That being said, Id prefer to deal with Mike anyway. One of our own is getting the money and not some nameless corporation.

That is our main focus, as said even though we have many smaller forums we also have several with 500k+ posts and a few over the million mark. Even a forum with a lower post count and say 150 online including guests is going to suck at places like godaddy or hostgator do to the lack of any sort of optimize, so unsure why you find it strange even that level of a site would seek it.. Try it on Hostgator and let us know how it goes ;)

I'll take your word for it ;), I havent used shared hosting in years.

I sure hope so. They really didnt know what to make of it when I called them out on that. That was part of our hosting agreement.

That being said, Id prefer to deal with Mike anyway. One of our own is getting the money and not some nameless corporation.

It was in pretty dire condition, and yea, the switchover has provided instant noticeable results.

Hopefully Mike can look after you much better :)

It was in pretty dire condition, and yea, the switchover has provided instant noticeable results.

Hopefully Mike can look after you much better :)

We'll see. We've always run our stuff on dedicated servers. So far the performance is equal to, if not slightly better than what we had. If it doesnt work out, then so be it, we can always go back but we've operated this forum for years barely breaking even. My partner isnt real big on monetizing our forums.. But the bills have to be paid and with the hosting bill and all our licenses, it was tight every month.

Mike seems to have his stuff together. He's readily available and quick to tackle any issues. Tonight will be the first stress test of the server on his setup but the weekend is light for us so I dont expect a true full load until probably Monday night.

We'll see. We've always run our stuff on dedicated servers. So far the performance is equal to, if not slightly better than what we had. If it doesnt work out, then so be it, we can always go back but we've operated this forum for years barely breaking even. My partner isnt real big on monetizing our forums.. But the bills have to be paid and with the hosting bill and all our licenses, it was tight every month.

Mike seems to have his stuff together. He's readily available and quick to tackle any issues. Tonight will be the first stress test of the server on his setup but the weekend is light for us so I dont expect a true full load until probably Monday night.

Good luck (y)

Shared hosting? What is that? :p Only ever managed my own physical servers co-located and Nginx just rocks and works lovely. Now I need to just tweak my varnish config to love XenForo and I am all set.
I'll take your word for it ;), I havent used shared hosting in years.
Never used shared hosting. Would never use it. I own my kit and would not want anyone else having access to it. Nginx is the bxxxxx though. Been using it for a while and would never switch back to Apachit.

Not being a techie and only small sites, I use shared hostng.
I once used siteground for my biggest XF boards (still very small ones ;) ) and it was frequently going down.
So yes the stability is important and speed is cool.

But more than anything what matters to me is professional communication skills and support.

I mean Mike is actually POLITE to me! He NEVER implies that I'm stupid because I don't know something - Strangely if I knew more I wouldn't be paying someone else to take care of things but many software guys don't get that.
Not once have I contacted Mike and been left without a reply - and a quick one. Nor am I made to feel that I'm so lucky and privileged to get a reply at all.
Mike treats me like a paying client not a beggar. What I want and prefer actually matters! Shock!
If I need to be reminded of something - hey, this isn't my expert area so I get told the info. But conversely I don't have to keep reminding him on stuff I already told him.He obviously reads my painstaking notes. Delicious.

I'm now able to get on catching up on MY work - the stuff that got piled up while endlessly sorting out problems or begging begging begging for services. No more begging thank heavens.

Top Bottom