LOL "MySQLi" Not Installed

BirdOPrey5

All ready to run my new copy of XF and immediately dead in my tracks...
  • The required PHP extension MySQLi could not be found. Please ask your host to install this extension

Oh well... It would have been nice to try. :oops:

I'm on URLJet on a VPS. Since URLJet (whom I fricking LOVE, by the way!) advertises as a vBulletin client they apparently didn't feel the need to add it. But the email that I got from them did state that they were already aware of the limitation in XF and would be adding it. I think they know there's going to be a migration.

By the way, this is in no way bagging on URLJet. Again, I love these guys!

I'm on URLJet on a VPS. Since URLJet (whom I fricking LOVE, by the way!) advertises as a vBulletin client they apparently didn't feel the need to add it. But the email that I got from them did state that they were already aware of the limitation in XF and would be adding it. I think they know there's going to be a migration.

By the way, this is in no way bagging on URLJet. Again, I love these guys!
If you are on a VPS, why not install it yourself?

IIRC CentOS/Fedora/RHEL users can just run 'yum install php-mysqli' and then do 'service apache restart' once done. Don't quote me on it though as I use my own automated shell script for my server setups.

IIRC CentOS/Fedora/RHEL users can just run 'yum install php-mysqli' and then do 'service apache restart' once done. Don't quote me on it though as I use my own automated shell script for my server setups.
personally I used sudo apt-get install php-mysqli , but yes, it should take a few minutes at most...

personally I used sudo apt-get install php-mysqli , but yes, it should take a few minutes at most...
Yup that'll be good for Debian/Ubuntu. Out of the box apt-get isnt on any of the other 'major' Linux distros tho (same with yum - its only on RedHat based distros like CentOS/Fedora).

Top Bottom