1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mysqli not installed - cpanel says it is

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by TheLaw, Jul 13, 2011.

1. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

I've just received this error:

The required PHP extension MySQLi could not be found. Please ask your host to install this extension.

So I looked through EasyApache in Cpanel's WHM and, sure enough, it's ticked. I installed a few other modules, rebuilt just to make sure. I'm running Centos64 on both my servers although this install is (a) on a vps, and (b) in a subdirectory, not that either should make any difference. I didn't see anything that indicated that mysqli was installed using phpinfo so I'm wondering what could be stopping me in my tracks. Anyone?
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

You should see a mysqli section in your phpinfo, like this:

Screen shot 2011-07-13 at 11.12.13 AM.png

If it's not there then mysqli is not installed.

If memory serves... WHM allows you to specify the PHP extensions when you update Apache.
  3. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

It works when I install on server 1 and I don't see it in phpinfo yet mysqli is ticked in easy apache. That's why I'm so confused with regard to the VPS. It makes no sense to me.
  4. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

I think I may have figured it out. We'll see in a moment. I may have been logging into WHM of the WRONG server. :D :ROFLMAO:o_O
  5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

6. TheLaw

TheLaw Well-Known Member

Confirmed.... jeez... sometimes stuff happens that makes you go "what was I thinking?" Actually pretty funny... :ROFLMAO:
    Dean likes this.