LOL "MySQLi" Not Installed

BirdOPrey5

All ready to run my new copy of XF and immediately dead in my tracks...
  • The required PHP extension MySQLi could not be found. Please ask your host to install this extension

Oh well... It would have been nice to try. :oops:

So you have to have MySQLi to use xenForo? That is odd.

Yes... now I tried it on my backup host and get this error:
"
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

So I won't be installing today...

Yes... now I tried it on my backup host and get this error:
"
The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.
The script had an error or it did not produce any output. If there was an error, you should be able to see it in the error log.

So I won't be installing today...
funny thing is the test script says requirements were met.

Why not? It's an interface to access MySQL. The concept is the same as PHP's mysql extension or PDO.

It uses MySQL's binary protocol, which handles types differently from the string protocol, and this is an important distinction.

Just seems odd to me that MySQL would not be supported, but I guess I am just used to vBulletin being backwards compatible with everything. It doesn't hurt me, as MySQLi is installed on all my servers. Just figured it was odd to see a software not work without it.

IIRC CentOS/Fedora/RHEL users can just run 'yum install php-mysqli' and then do 'service apache restart' once done. Don't quote me on it though as I use my own automated shell script for my server setups.

Code:
[root@community]# yum install php-mysqli
Setting up Install Process
Setting up repositories
update                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
base                      100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
addons                    100% |=========================|  951 B    00:00
extras                    100% |=========================| 1.1 kB    00:00
Reading repository metadata in from local files
Parsing package install arguments
No Match for argument: php-mysqli
Nothing to do
[root@community]#

centos cant install, anyone help? thanks!

Just seems odd to me that MySQL would not be supported, but I guess I am just used to vBulletin being backwards compatible with everything. It doesn't hurt me, as MySQLi is installed on all my servers. Just figured it was odd to see a software not work without it.

My current content management system uses mysqli only.

This is like saying that you request the software to support PHP4, even if EOL was announced almost 5 years ago. :D
Don't worry, XenForo still uses "deprecated" stuff... for example the Memcache extension. I would love to see the Memcached object implemented into it, combined with an igbinary serialization.

Top Bottom