Logo Disrespect

A User Uploads an Avatar Disrespecting Your Logo

• Total voters

DRE

If a member posted your site's logo/emblem/banner on their avatar and put a red X across it would you:

A. Ban them.
B. Politely ask them to take it down.
C. Take it down and warn them.
D. Take it down but don't say anything unless they do it again.
E. Remove their avatar + User Discouragement
F. Do nothing.

Last edited:
Depends on the history you have with this member. If you have already needed to deal with other issues with this member and this is the last straw, delete their account an all their posts.

If you think communication will help resolve the issue, send a Private Conversation and try to work it out.

Do nothing - the other members will see the guy as a DB and he'll leave soon anyway. If you let problem members pull you in, you'll be fighting them more and more. Ignore it and they'll see their actions yielded no results IMO.

Depends on the history you with the member. He if he's been a chronic PITA, I'd drop the ban hammer on him. Other wise I'd ask him to remove it, if he doesn't remove it in reasonable amount time (say 24-48 hours) I'd remove for him and moderate him for a week. If he reposts it I'd ban him.

It really depends on their method of disrespect, however, from what I have seen before on various forums, websites, etc... I would leave it. My panties don't get up in a bunch over stuff like that so it wouldn't offend me easily.

I'd just add some code to the user bit that checks if the user viewing the userbit is the poster, if not, it just dosent show the logo.

So only they see the logo and no one else does. It would just be my way of keeping the users clear attempt to aggro the forums admin out of the way without encouraging the user to further escalate.

Well, if it were a problem I felt the need to address this way, I would probably make a additional usergroup for the purpose as a flag, rather than just that user ID, so it could be used for other troublemakers.

If its just a member playing around or having a bad day I might change it to something that might drive him/her nuts. Maybe even change their user name.

If this member has been an on going problem then it might be time for that member to take a vacation.

James

Do nothing - the other members will see the guy as a DB and he'll leave soon anyway. If you let problem members pull you in, you'll be fighting them more and more. Ignore it and they'll see their actions yielded no results IMO.
This.

Seriously... It's just easier to ignore the fool.

Top Bottom