1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Login Link under Sign Up Now button

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by ZippySLC, Apr 24, 2011.

1. ZippySLC

ZippySLC Member

I just went live with my new Xen site and my existing users are having a hard time finding where to log in. The little tab up at the top isn't the most conspicuous.

I made a template edit and added a "Already have an account? Log in now!" link under the button, but it might be a nice thing to have right out of the box.

2. Vincent

Vincent Well-Known Member

Why? The Login button is clearly visible at the top of every page?

3. ZippySLC

ZippySLC Member

Depending on your theme it can become a bit muted.

I've had a number of users, including a co-administrator of my site, not be able to find it.

4. Ryan Kent

Ryan Kent Well-Known Member

I understand how someone can miss the "Login or Signup" tab in the moderator bar, but how does anyone miss the huge SignUp Now button on the right sidebar? If they do miss it, I can't imaging what reasonable adjustment you can make to help.

Two suggestions if you feel your site needs more.

- Add XenFans Welcome add-on. that provides an additional sign up button (highlighted in blue in the image below).

- Enable your "Right Content Area" block in the ACP. That offers another large display where you can ask readers to sign up

XFlogin.JPG