1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 log in/sign up button text disappear

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Marileah, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Marileah

Marileah Member

how to fix this part of log in, i just notice this morning. When i click to register, the button text "Sign up" is gone and when click again the "Yes, my password is:" to log in, the button text is gone. any idea how to fix this?

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

This was an issue in an early beta due to a bug in the template. If you have an our of date login_form, that could cause it.
  3. Marileah

Marileah Member

i dont understand, please elaborate. we dont have login_form in the template when i search it, only this:

how to fix this?
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2013
  4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Is login_bar_form out of date?
  5. Marileah

Marileah Member

how to find out if it is out of date?
  6. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It should be helper_login_form. I missed that you gave a URL and had a look, and it does appear that it's out of date -- it's using something that was correct in 1.1 but is incorrect in 1.2.

You need to make sure that your style is updated to support 1.2. If someone updated it for you (or it's a third party style), I'd recommend reporting this to them. Assuming that you don't have any outdated templates any more, I can only assume that the changes were merged but some were missed. You could use the template comparison to see what changes are unexpected to this template, but I would expect that there may be other issues elsewhere.
  7. Marileah

Marileah Member

thanks for the reply, i figure it out. i compare version the codes.:)