• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a way so I can have it so guests can access the pages and see all the articles but when they try to actually read them it says they must be logged into to view the article, etc.

Is there a way so I can have it so guests can access the pages and see all the articles but when they try to actually read them it says they must be logged into to view the article, etc.

No, nothing to allow you to set it up like that.

Will someone do that? I think it would very good having people who aren't register being able to see the content you offer but not get to really see it without joining the website.

Will someone do that? I think it would very good having people who aren't register being able to see the content you offer but not get to really see it without joining the website.
9 out of t10 times, I see that, I leave the site and I add it to my blocklist.

Why's that? It allows a reason for people to join the website to get access to the best content. Makes sense to me, may not to others.

9 out of t10 times, I see that, I leave the site and I add it to my blocklist.

same here.... Hate being forced to register when I am just "reading" something. If you want your content indexed on a search engine, then let guests read it.

Would be great if someone could do a slightly more advanced one, with the option to show x amount of entries and also a preview (first 200 characters) of the article with a "read more" link..

Going back to this briefly, something like what they have done on just xenporta with the slider would work well for showing the lastest blogs on the portal homepage

Is there a way to remove the forum title from the blog post?

Here is an example...

Here is what it's currently showing

Code:
<title>HEREAFTER Featurette: Visual Effects Shot Breakdowns Reel | General Forums</title>

I'd like it to be

Code:
<title>HEREAFTER Featurette: Visual Effects Shot Breakdowns Reel</title>

What template do I need to edit for that?

Thanks

Is there a way to remove the forum title from the blog post?

Code:
<title>HEREAFTER Featurette: Visual Effects Shot Breakdowns Reel | General Forums</title>

I'd like it to be

Code:
<title>HEREAFTER Featurette: Visual Effects Shot Breakdowns Reel</title>

What template do I need to edit for that?

I believe LNBlog still uses XF's PAGE_CONTAINER template. If that is the case, the title is generated from this line:
Code:
<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title} | {$xenOptions.boardTitle}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>

$xenOptions.boardTitle is adding the extra information you do not desire. If you wrap the entire statement in a conditional to exclude LNBlog and instead use the below, that should work for you.

Code:
<title><xen:if is="{$title}">{xen:raw $title}<xen:else />{$xenOptions.boardTitle}</xen:if></title>

а он у меня не работает на 1.0.3
вообще у кого нибудь работает ? если да, то на какой версии форума ?

non work with 1.0.3 XenForo
how to work ?

а он у меня не работает на 1.0.3
вообще у кого нибудь работает ? если да, то на какой версии форума ?

non work with 1.0.3 XenForo
how to work ?
I didn't expect anything not working with XF 1.0.3, and you're the first to report it's not. Can you explain what isn't working?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom