• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[LN] Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's not as easy as you'd think.
Yea. seems that way. :(

I think Xenforo's native code needs changing then.
I think developers shouldn't be forced to use workarounds to make xenforo better.
Has anyone requested the code changes needed to make this easier ?
Where is the link to the request ?

Yea. seems that way. :(

I think Xenforo's native code needs changing then.
I think developers shouldn't be forced to use workarounds to make xenforo better.
Has anyone requested the code changes needed to make this easier ?
Where is the link to the request ?
I hope you realize how ridiculous this post sounds.

I'm a bit behind as a few things held me up while working on the latest release, but the big chunks are finally out of the way! Beta 3 beta testing will commence shortly for those who I've selected (you will get a PC within the next few days though no one has been notified yet). If you haven't replied to my earlier inquiry, the requirements listed for possible inclusion for this private beta period is listed here. There's still a couple of spots open.

In other news...

Part of why it's taken me so long, and again you'll see for yourself soon, is because of the vast amount of changes I've made. You won't notice much on the front-end, though there is a handful of changes/feature additions there, as Beta 3 is primarily back-end changes in major preparation for future releases. I'd divulge more about what's beyond Beta 3 but I can't at this point in time. Just know I didn't rewrite nearly the entire add-on just for fun. ;)

The other part is that, due to the amount of changes I've done, there is a lot of testing/debugging that I've had to do as a result. I'm not kidding when I said I've nearly rewritten every part of the blog–even templates have been affected, drastically in some cases. So instead of releasing the next beta publicly I'm doing a small isolated test group first. Clean installs and uninstalls are much easier. Upgrades however are tricky with what's in Beta 3 as several areas are modified in the database.

So it'll be just a bit longer guys, and a Wednesday may not be possible but as I'm polishing off all the loose ends, I definitely don't see me delaying the release another week to work on it either. Thank you all for your patience and support, it's very much appreciated! No one wants to get this out more than me, and mainly because I'm absolutely ecstatic about the version after this.* :whistle:

* "Good things to those who wait." - Kier

I'm a bit behind as a few things held me up while working on the latest release, but the big chunks are finally out of the way! Beta 3 beta testing will commence shortly for those who I've selected (you will get a PC within the next few days though no one has been notified yet). If you haven't replied to my earlier inquiry, the requirements listed for possible inclusion for this private beta period is listed here. There's still a couple of spots open.

In other news...

Part of why it's taken me so long, and again you'll see for yourself soon, is because of the vast amount of changes I've made. You won't notice much on the front-end, though there is a handful of changes/feature additions there, as Beta 3 is primarily back-end changes in major preparation for future releases. I'd divulge more about what's beyond Beta 3 but I can't at this point in time. Just know I didn't rewrite nearly the entire add-on just for fun. ;)

The other part is that, due to the amount of changes I've done, there is a lot of testing/debugging that I've had to do as a result. I'm not kidding when I said I've nearly rewritten every part of the blog–even templates have been affected, drastically in some cases. So instead of releasing the next beta publicly I'm doing a small isolated test group first. Clean installs and uninstalls are much easier. Upgrades however are tricky with what's in Beta 3 as several areas are modified in the database.

So it'll be just a bit longer guys, and a Wednesday may not be possible but as I'm polishing off all the loose ends, I definitely don't see me delaying the release another week to work on it either. Thank you all for your patience and support, it's very much appreciated! No one wants to get this out more than me, and mainly because I'm absolutely ecstatic about the version after this.* :whistle:

* "Good things to those who wait." - Kier
The next version looks promising !

Ok I understand - but I think it could be nice to 'release' any tranlated version at the same time.. You're the Boss so you rules here :p and I gently wait.

Ok I understand - but I think it could be nice to 'release' any tranlated version at the same time.. You're the Boss so you rules here :p and I gently wait.
The problem is that I'm still working on it, so there are still phrases being added/changed/modified. I'd have to keep updating the file, upload it, then post an update saying that something has changed.

It's much easier for me to generate the language file just as I'm about to release the blog because at that point I know nothing else is going to change, and it causes less confusion and work for everyone involved. :)

I look forward to implementing this on our forum. Please excuse me if this is already answered somewhere: would it be possible for members to import their own RSS feeds from their external blogs and display them in the Blog Entries tab?

I look forward to implementing this on our forum. Please excuse me if this is already answered somewhere: would it be possible for members to import their own RSS feeds from their external blogs and display them in the Blog Entries tab?
Not at this time, and I think you're the first to suggest it.

Not at this time, and I think you're the first to suggest it.

I think it would be a useful feature as those who would use this are likely to already have an external blog. This would eliminate the manual effort of copying and pasting from their external blog, and thereby making it easy for these users to expose their content to a different audience.

Why is this not easy ?
The short of it is that it creates a bit of overhead and complexity with very little benefit.

I think it would be a useful feature as those who would use this are likely to already have an external blog. This would eliminate the manual effort of copying and pasting from their external blog, and thereby making it easy for these users to expose their content to a different audience.
Oh, I certainly wasn't dismissing it. I've added it to the roster of feature suggestions. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom