Live Update

Live Update 4.0.1

No permission to download
Personally, i prefer the FB implementation...Sometimes the number "ruins" the favicon and generally it's difficult to read the number of notification...There a way to use the FB System? I mean the number (1) in the title...(@Chris D)

Personally, i prefer the FB implementation...Sometimes the number "ruins" the favicon and generally it's difficult to read the number of notification...There a way to use the FB System? I mean the number (1) in the title...(@Chris D)
I'll look at it in the future. The favicon script that's used here may be able to do that, but I will need to go through its code to remind me.

Thank you! You have said this to me in the past:
It does that if the browser doesn't support a dynamic fav icon.

So i thought it's not difficult to add this feature...

As it pertains to server and/or site loading, is there any difference in the interval time setting? Do you guys recommend a certain time?

@Chris D You should update the add-on landing page to remove the options --> performance setting since the options aren't in there but their own setting.

This doesn't go well if your ico is animated. It stops being animated when there is alert icon on FF 30.

I don't know about other browsers but Firefox caches the favicon with the red indicator in your bookmarks! Any way to prevent that?

Unfortunately not.

Technically it's the correct behaviour. The add-on changes the favicon, and browsers cache the favicon.

One AJAX request every X seconds per logged in iuser.

So overall it's actually fine on server resources.

Technically could reduce them as they no longer have to refresh the page to check for alerts.

Unfortunately this seems to be a limitation of IE11.

However I don't think it shows the text in the title either.

I'll look into it when I'm nearby a windows box.

Top Bottom