Live Feed

Live Feed 1.4.0a

No permission to download
Great addon, couple of glitches.

1. Using a bd widget the tooltip pop up container seems to be getting cut off (hovering over post title)
2. Comments/images submitted to XFMG for example generate a pic in the widget are also cutoff and not sized appropriately to fit within the widget. I've reduced width to 50% in CSS which seems to work.
3. Frequently the tooltip pop up will not fire for the first event thread/post (hovering over first post title) but will work on second or subsequent post titles
4. Scrollbar visible only becomes visible on hover over the widget (if option is set in style properties) on initial load of the page. After that seems to remain visible.
5. Clicking to a post from a bd widget seems to send the rendered page into a js loop. Below event is triggered infinitely until page is reloaded:

XenForo.activate([div#NavigationHiddenMenu.Menu.JsOnly.blockLinksList.primaryContent, context: document, selector: "#NavigationHiddenMenu"]0:

div#NavigationHiddenMenu.Menu.JsOnly.blockLinksList.primaryContentcontext: documentlength: 1selector: "#NavigationHiddenMenu"__proto__: n[0])​

Also does this addon respect usergroup privileges for hidden forums/nodes?

Seem to be js glitches mostly.

@Milano

Last edited:
Hi

I installed the "Live Feed" ressource and put it with Widget Framework in my forum.
But it doesnt show in the sidebar.

Anyone have another plugin or tip how to do that.

Just installed it.
But I can't choose its widget when I'm adding a new widget.
The only way is to enable it from options. But the structure of my widgets is in a way that none of them displays!
I wish it was possible to choose it as renderer while adding a new widget. just like other widgets.

Thanks

Is there any way to make this refresh without the window needing to be active? I'd like to have running to keep an eye on my forum while I do other things. I'm just talking about the Recent Activity so far, I haven't tried the widget.

I had Live Feed 1.3.0 running on a 1.2 forum that I upgraded to 1.4 a while ago. I can't change any values related to the News Feed in XenForo and I can't upgrade Live Feed because of this error

No entry is registered for key 'tms_style_id'
  1. XenForo_Application::get() in TMS/Model/TemplateModification.php at line 18
  2. TMS_Model_TemplateModification->applyTemplateModifications() in XenForo/Model/TemplateModificationAbstract.php at line 152
  3. XenForo_Model_TemplateModificationAbstract->applyModificationsToTemplate() in Milano/LiveFeed/DataWriter/Option.php at line 25
  4. Milano_LiveFeed_DataWriter_Option->_repaseTemplate() in Milano/LiveFeed/DataWriter/Option.php at line 12
  5. Milano_LiveFeed_DataWriter_Option->_postSaveAfterTransaction() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1423
  6. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Option.php at line 1131
  7. XenForo_Model_Option->importOptionsAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 324
  8. XenForo_Model_AddOn->importAddOnExtraDataFromXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 226
  9. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in ConvEss/Model/AddOn.php at line 24
  10. ConvEss_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXml() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 169
  11. XenForo_Model_AddOn->installAddOnXmlFromFile() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 236
  12. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionUpgrade() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
  13. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
  14. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /-----/-----/-----/-----/admin.php at line 13

As a note, uninstalling 1.3.0 of Live Feed allows me to edit News Feed settings again.

Installing 1.4.0a Live Feed breaks the settings again with the same error as above.

Any ideas @Milano?

I installed the add on successfully a week or so ago and it worked fine. Since we update the theme we are using the live feed is no longer showing.
I verified the settings in options to make sure it is enabled.
I looked at previous answers and have asked my guys to verify xml is loaded in the widget framework.

Any other things we would need to check to make sure it is correctly installed?

This is great.

I would like to:
  • only show live feed to specific usergroups
  • remove date/time in the sidebar widget
  • increase widget height
Is this possible?

There seems to be a problem with scrolling the widget as it scrolls to 3 positions instead of a fluent transition between positions. Not all entries are visible. I guess this is caused by the newsfeed layout being intended for a full page and the number of entries also relate to this. So the widget will fetch the last 15 entries which is the minimum for a page IMHO. For a sidebar widget this is too much.

Please add a separate settings for the widget for:
  • News Feed Items to Fetch With Each Request
  • News Feed Message Snippet Maximum Length

Last edited:
This is great.

I would like to:
  • only show live feed to specific usergroups
  • remove date/time in the sidebar widget
  • increase widget height
Is this possible?

There seems to be a problem with scrolling the widget as it scrolls to 3 positions instead of a fluent transition between positions. Not all entries are visible. I guess this is caused by the newsfeed layout being intended for a full page and the number of entries also relate to this. So the widget will fetch the last 15 entries which is the minimum for a page IMHO. For a sidebar widget this is too much.

Please add a separate settings for the widget for:
  • News Feed Items to Fetch With Each Request
  • News Feed Message Snippet Maximum Length

You should be able to make available to usergroups via Widget framework. The rest should be easily done with some CSS.

It's a great addon.

I have Enable Live Feed for guest checked, but it displays "The news feed is currently empty." in the widget.

The https://domain.com/recent-activity/ urls prompts me to login, so I'm guessing it's to do with that.

Any idea what permission might be blocking the feed?

EDIT: Found it, it was the View Memberlist permission, as the feed is part of that section.

Last edited:
Top Bottom