Live Feed

Live Feed 1.4.0a

No permission to download
Hi there. Great addon! Thanks for creating it.

I'm using it in a widget incorporated into the home page. I noticed that when you initially load the screen that the feed is empty, and then in some milliseconds it gets populated with the current feed. I wondered if there is a way to lose that effect, so that when the screen loads it has the current feed information and doesn't have to load it with javascript. Maybe start with the static feed, and then overwrite with the live feed?

This looks interesting. My questions:
Does anyone have this running on a big board? Does it run well?
Is it possible to change the way the widget looks? It looks too chaotic for my taste.

Hey,

Is anyone facing the problem where the newsfeed shows the same entry twice on live update ? When you refresh the feed, it will delete the double entry, but on live feed (ajax) it is displaying a double entry.

This looks interesting. My questions:
Does anyone have this running on a big board? Does it run well?
Is it possible to change the way the widget looks? It looks too chaotic for my taste.

I'd like to know the same, how does this affect server load?

Depend on your polling interval setting, but it only trigger the ajax call once the page is focused.

BTW I'm rewriting the core part now, hopefully there will be no more duplicated feed.

Reactions: rdn
Yup. Works very well. I just hope 1.5 would not break it because Gmail and the Live Feed are the only two tabs that are open on my computer 24x7!

I'm not sure if anyone will know this, but is there a possible way for me to remove a specific node from the live feed? I've tried a few different conditionals placed in different templates and disabling RSS feed to no avail.

This addon by the way is incompatible with custom route filter.
I changed mine from /recent-activity/ to /activity/ and it produce a lot of errors on the log.

Still not working:

Fatal error: Class 'Milano_Common_Install' not found in /library/Milano/LiveFeed/Install.php on line 4

I get this during installation:

Callback Milano_LiveFeed_Listener::initDependencies is invalid (Invalid Method).

Top Bottom